DONE @p.9 +++ 1:72 Dornier Do 36; '59+47', Deutsche Luftwaffe, LTLG 54, 2001

Started by Dizzyfugu, August 16, 2023, 11:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

This will be another great build from our German cousins  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Since the website was down yesterday, collected visual updates from the wings:

1:72 Dornier Do 36; Deutsche Bundesluftwaffe (What-if/kitbashing) +++ WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Strange occurrence: the acrylic white putty sucked the red dye from the plastic (maybe the softener), turning it into a pale pink, but not from the orange parts. Weird.

However, now the fuselage needs to be completed. I had postponed the work on the cockpit and the pilots for as long as possible. But now there's no way around it anymore.  :-\
I did not put too much effort into it, because the fit is, after the mods I made, not good anymore, and there won't be hardly anything to see once it's closed, except for the two figures, the back of the dashboard and the bulkhead.

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

In the meantime, a small parcel from China arrived, with the potential load for the Do 36.

Wardukw

Christ Dizzy that Wiesel is bloody small in 35th ..don't sneeze when your building that or you'll loose the entire model  :o
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Pellson

Ooooh!! So nice! I wasn't aware there was a 1:72 Wiesel on the market!  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

It's AFAIK the only kit. IP with lots of PE parts, and a moulded track. A friend of mine has already built it, and it looks very good OOB. Since there are two in the set I will probably build both with the 20 mm gun, but one in standrad BW NATO livery and the other one in white as a UN support vehicle.  :wacko: Not certain if they fit into the hull, though, but the Wiesel is in my background story the driver for the Do 36's development for the German paratroops and special forces (KSK).

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 02, 2023, 12:44:28 AM...Strange occurrence: the acrylic white putty sucked the red dye from the plastic (maybe the softener), turning it into a pale pink, but not from the orange parts. Weird...

Yep.  it happens.  Wait until you paint it - could happen again.   :-\
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Hooray, the fuselage has been closed, and more PSR to come...

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on September 02, 2023, 05:17:13 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 02, 2023, 12:44:28 AM...Strange occurrence: the acrylic white putty sucked the red dye from the plastic (maybe the softener), turning it into a pale pink, but not from the orange parts. Weird...

Would a coat of an acrylic varnish seal the parts sufficiently to prevent this? Just a thought/random wibble.

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 02, 2023, 02:07:36 PM
Quote from: zenrat on September 02, 2023, 05:17:13 AM

Would a coat of an acrylic varnish seal the parts sufficiently to prevent this? Just a thought/random wibble.

Sometimes.
I have fought many battles against the curse of the red plastic.  Most of which I have lost.

A coat of Future (or whatever they call it today) can work as a block as can a coat of silver car paint (not sure why silver, but that's what they claim).
If you do a goggle search you will find many suggestions.

But what I do know is you may think you have succeeded in hiding the evil stuff only to put on the final coat of clear a little too heavily causing your beautiful 1/25 Landcruiser to develop a nasty red rash from beneath its golden paint.

Some suggestions here.
http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/95397-what-sealer-do-you-prefer-when-painting-white-on-red-styrene/#comment-1297417

and here.
http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/38990-covering-red-plastic/#comment-402453

Ignore the idiot who says "red doesn't bleed through, it's the paint which is too opaque".  They are obviously on drugs and don't know what they are talking about.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Nicely coming along.

Um... is it the camera angle, or my eyes, or does the fuselage look a bit... kinked, behind the wing?

Wardukw

That's looking amazing considering the kit you started with Diz..won't be long before this one is mistaken for a real plane 😉 😀