DONE @p.9 +++ 1:72 Dornier Do 36; '59+47', Deutsche Luftwaffe, LTLG 54, 2001

Started by Dizzyfugu, August 16, 2023, 11:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Thanks a lot for your kind words, highly appreciated!  :bow: Well, there is some progress, though, like a (new) ramp and first attempts to add a landing gear. The latter was/is not so easy, because I want to give the aircraft a low stance (because of the ramp) and also make STOL from semi-prepared airfields plausible. I eventually try to implant the landing gear from an Academy MiG-23. Sounds odd, but this has the benefit of a twin front wheel with mudguards and the odd main landing gear widens the stance and even comes with bulbous low-pressure tires.

1:72 Dornier Do 36; Deutsche Bundesluftwaffe (What-if/kitbashing) +++ WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 09, 2023, 07:02:18 AMAs has been said Dizzy, take care of yourself  :thumbsup:

Dittoo!  :thumbsup:

Model is coming along nicely.

Wardukw

I'm late as usual..take it easy Diz mate and no rushed building matey boy..like Pellson said..I can wait when I know what's coming 😉 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

No pics, but I was able to complete the landing gear with covers and to paint it white. I also found sink marks in the putty around the fuselage plugs which had to be re-filled and PSRed, and I mounted the windscreen, which was a PitA, too.

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on September 06, 2023, 11:03:01 AMI used to love the old Monogram Skyraider..had I think 4 of em ..all Vietnam birds yet never noticed the twisted tail ..might have never been there come to think of it..it's not a Tamiya kit after all .
Damn it !!! Now I want another Skyraider 😩

You are such an addict!

Dizzy, be careful, some job issues can become health issues! Get healthy, the job will follow.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on September 11, 2023, 09:56:59 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 06, 2023, 11:03:01 AMI used to love the old Monogram Skyraider..had I think 4 of em ..all Vietnam birds yet never noticed the twisted tail ..might have never been there come to think of it..it's not a Tamiya kit after all .
Damn it !!! Now I want another Skyraider 😩

You are such an addict!

Dizzy, be careful, some job issues can become health issues! Get healthy, the job will follow.

I am when it comes to things I remember after forgetting em..it' bloody annoying..might have a Tamiya Skyraider lined up ..might  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

I try my best to recover, but it's not easy when you have to worry. Costs a lot of energy.  :-\

As a positive aspect, painting has started. It took a long time to settle upon a paint scheme - it should reflect Bundeslufwaffe style and tactical operations, but not a standard scheme like Norm '72 or '83, as seen on the German Transalls. I eventually settled upon an adapted Norm '76 scheme, lent from the first German Tornados. It consists of the classic Luftwaffe colors RAL 6014 (Gelboliv) and 7012 (Basaltgrau), plus black as a 3rd color, even though I rather used RAL 7021 (Teerschwarz) because it is not a pure black but rather a very dark grey.
The undersides are RAL 7001 (Silbergrau). The pattern was adapted from a Chilean F-80, though.

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Looks pretty murky with the basic tones, esp. the grey will later be shaded/lightened up as it quickly faded out in real life, and the green became quite brownish.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on September 12, 2023, 04:44:16 AMI liked it with Orange in the scheme... ;)

Yes, that has/had a funky vibe - but for the sake of the Landesverteidigung it had to go.  ;)

Wardukw

That orange scheme has a real AUSCAM vibe to it me thinks  ;D

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on September 12, 2023, 04:44:16 AMI liked it with Orange in the scheme... ;)

Quote from: Wardukw on September 12, 2023, 01:32:15 PMThat orange scheme has a real AUSCAM vibe to it me thinks  ;D

You've started something.....

Wasn't there a scene in one of the reboot Star Trek movies where they were running around on a planet where all the plants were red instead of green? There's some camo for you!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Basic painting on the underside, WiP. The cargo bay interior has already been painted in a very light grey-ivory tone, with light grey fenders along the side walls.

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Upper sides really have a strong "Europe One" touch now, but it does not look bad - just unusual for a Luftwaffe aircraft, despite being authentic colors! Once the Silbergrau has been completed the moidel receives some additional panel lines with a soft pencil and a black ink washing, then the probably lengthy shading and detail painting process will start. At last, it's moving again!