Space 1889 RPG - Martian scaleorama

Started by Geoff, August 17, 2023, 05:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Yes I was, and am a nerd who does Sci-fi rpg's. :wub:
So, A WW1 SMS Dresden as a base model (1/350) IIRC changed to a 1/72nd flying patrol cutter manned with Red Box "Boxer Revolution" Imperial German Kolonial  :mellow:  and Marine infantry.
Main armarment fiddled with to represent smaller quick firing guns.
Lift wood bulges and shutters on the hull.
Heliograph signalling station and open bridge.
??? :oYou cannot view this attachment." src="https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=74895;type=preview;thumb"> You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

Rheged

You are obviously a man of discernment,  fully  aware of "The Transactions of the Royal Martian Geographical Society" : http://www.heliograph.com/trmgs/trmgs1/  for those not yet acquainted with this organisation.   

There is a great deal of time can be wasted reading through this website.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Geoff

Quote from: Rheged on August 17, 2023, 08:58:12 AMYou are obviously a man of discernment,  fully  aware of "The Transactions of the Royal Martian Geographical Society" : http://www.heliograph.com/trmgs/trmgs1/  for those not yet acquainted with this organisation.   

There is a great deal of time can be wasted reading through this website.

Yep been there and have done that!   :thumbsup:

Gondor

Long time since I heard anyone talking about either Lift Wood or Space 1889  :rolleyes:

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

i say old chap, thats going to look positively cracking  :thumbsup:

i can only maintain my 1889 accent for a short period before i end up sounding both, over cultured and ridiculous  :unsure:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 17, 2023, 10:11:43 AMi say old chap, thats going to look positively cracking  :thumbsup:

i can only maintain my 1889 accent for a short period before i end up sounding both, over cultured and ridiculous  :unsure:

Isn't that the point of Victorian English, old bean?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

egads!    Sir you are correct..
i must produce a symposium, to ensure that all are aware !
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 17, 2023, 10:16:20 AMegads!    Sir you are correct..
i must produce a symposium, to ensure that all are aware !
Glad to be of service, my good fellow.

Quote from: Gondor on August 17, 2023, 09:41:26 AMLong time since I heard anyone talking about either Lift Wood or Space 1889  :rolleyes:

Gondor

I remember trying to play the computer game, and was throughly confused.  As for the TTRPG version, never could find a local group to play with (same with Traveller).  And, at the time, I was invested in the late TSR's 2ed. Dungeons & Dragons.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Geoff

Quote from: scooter on August 17, 2023, 10:15:02 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 17, 2023, 10:11:43 AMi say old chap, thats going to look positively cracking  :thumbsup:

Isn't that the point of Victorian English, old bean?

Quite so gentlemen, quite so.

frank2056

I've never been a board games player, but I like the Space: 1889 designs. Here are some paper models by Squirmydad

Geoff

Quote from: frank2056 on August 17, 2023, 04:21:49 PMI've never been a board games player, but I like the Space: 1889 designs. Here are some paper models by Squirmydad

I like those  :bow:

Rick Lowe

I say, this looks as if it will be simply spiffing, what?!

buzzbomb

Oh so interested in this.  :thumbsup:
 I remember the game, but never made on our crew's tables

NARSES2

Well come and join us matelots in the Spaceman's Mess  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 18, 2023, 05:34:02 AM

Well come and join us matelots in the Spaceman's Mess  ;)

Well So'id, Innit!  ;D