Kurtis-Kraft Roadster

Started by jcf, August 18, 2023, 11:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Placeholder for a re-engined 1/24th scale Monogram K-K roadster. The big Offie will be used elsewhere.

You cannot view this attachment.

killnoizer

What a beautiful Modell !   Very very nice box , oh really  :thumbsup:

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on August 19, 2023, 04:12:11 AMEarly Hemi?
 ;D

<popcorn>
The DOHC Miller-Goosen-Offenhauser engines have hemispherical combustion chambers.

Why would I replace a brilliant design with a clunky, overweight Mopar push-rod lump?
:unsure: ;)

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

jcf

loupgarou

Nooo. Better a steam one. Imagine a steam-powered Indy series: the quick pit stops refuelling with coal buckets.
Obviously the cars will need a second crew member as stoker....
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

jcf

Too small, and the larger issue is water consumption rather than fuel consumption.

My Dad was a stationary steam engineer so I know too much about steam power to be able to have the necessary suspension of disbelief for most steam what-ifs.
;D

The vast majority of Steampunk gives me a raging headache, and it's not just in terms of steam power it's also the overuse of brass in place of steel or iron where it wouldn't work for reasons of weight and strength.
:rolleyes:

Wardukw

Gas turbine power
I do remember a real turbine indy car from way back.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

There were quite a few of them actually, but they were legislated out of competition by ever more stringent intake size rules. 

The STP-Paxton being one and the Lotus 56 being another, both of which so nearly won the 500, but both failed through trivial problems while leading the race a few laps from the end.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on August 19, 2023, 10:08:01 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 19, 2023, 04:12:11 AMEarly Hemi?
 ;D

<popcorn>
The DOHC Miller-Goosen-Offenhauser engines have hemispherical combustion chambers.

Why would I replace a brilliant design with a clunky, overweight Mopar push-rod lump?
:unsure: ;)

Parts availability?

It depends on what use your whiff is going to be put to.  Not all whiffs are to make the original design better at its original purpose.
Maybe this is to be used to tow seaplanes out of the water and the Offy didn't have enough bottom end?
 :mellow:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 20, 2023, 01:45:15 AMThere were quite a few of them actually, but they were legislated out of competition by ever more stringent intake size rules. 

The STP-Paxton being one and the Lotus 56 being another, both of which so nearly won the 500, but both failed through trivial problems while leading the race a few laps from the end.
Ahhhh there ya go ..knew I remembered one but not the that there was 2 ...cool 😀

PR19_Kit

I think there were other Indy turbine cars too, but the Paxton and the Lotus 56 were best known as they were both leading the race when they broke down.

There were three Lotus 56s in the '68 race, driven by Graham Hill, Art Pollard and Joe Leonard, the latter being in the lead car when it expired.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit