Rotodyne, Pegasus powered V/STOL support *finished*

Started by sandiego89, August 22, 2023, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Gray primer on.

Detail on the clear resin casted Pegasus came out well! I am happy with it.  Looks much better with primer. 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

Glad ya primed em Dave cause now I can see the darn things 😆
They are looking pretty sweet too  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

Agreed, the castings appear to have worked out quite well.

On to the exciting stuff as the next steps happen  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

That's one HECK of an intake, but then a Pegasus is a hungry beast after all. They look even better now they're painted up.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2023, 02:48:31 AMThat's one HECK of an intake, but then a Pegasus is a hungry beast after all. They look even better now they're painted up.  :thumbsup:

Well a lot of what went in there got blown straight out of the front nozzles.
I presume Dave, that the 'dynes tip nozzles are fed from the Pegasuses (Pegasi?) low pressure compressors?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

Paint and engine work.

The Pegasus engines are a tad bit beefier than the Elands!

very rough placement mock up

decided to switch to a Hasegawa Gr.1/AV-8A as a companion

Dave "Sandiego89"

sandiego89

Quote from: zenrat on August 27, 2023, 05:19:54 AMWell a lot of what went in there got blown straight out of the front nozzles.
I presume Dave, that the 'dynes tip nozzles are fed from the Pegasuses (Pegasi?) low pressure compressors?

Yes, diverted from the cold compressor stage.   
Dave "Sandiego89"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

paint and assembly continues

The hinges are fiddly. 

I reinforced the hinges

Carpet monster got the main rotor shaft.  scratching one up with three diameters of brass tubing.

Put some extra clear sheet to keep the windows in place.

Dave "Sandiego89"

Wardukw

Nice stuff Dave and it's good the carpet monster got the plastic shaft..brass is far stronger.
Fact I prefer to replace all plastic rotor head shafts on my choppers cause I'm guaranteed to break em  ;D

Rick Lowe

A friend of mine used to leave the rotor head unglued and removeable from the shaft, for transport/storage - but I guess you've already thought of that, so as you were and carry on...

McColm

sandiego89

Quote from: McColm on September 04, 2023, 01:13:30 AMHave you thought about the landing gear?

Yes, the gear should be straight from the kit.  The exhaust nozzles from the Pegasus will go around ea h side of main landing gear (much like the Harrier)
Dave "Sandiego89"