Here's one for Tophe

Started by The Rat, August 23, 2023, 07:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on September 02, 2023, 10:50:45 AMI'm so sorry to hear about Tophe - I hope his wife and son know how much he was admired by us.

Eric - thanks for contacting his family and letting us know.

Absolutely and Eric : Many thanks from all of us for passing these sad tidings on.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

what i could do is use the "print" button on this thread and send it to her,
and according to how she manages english, she could connect on the forum if she likes.

Wardukw

Quote from: ericr on September 03, 2023, 06:38:37 AMwhat i could do is use the "print" button on this thread and send it to her,
and according to how she manages english, she could connect on the forum if she likes.

Sounds like a damn good idea Eric...a great idea in fact  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on September 03, 2023, 06:38:37 AMwhat i could do is use the "print" button on this thread and send it to her,

Good idea Eric. If her English is up to it at least she will realise how much Tophe meant to us  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

NARSES2

kerick

Thanks again for finding out what happened and forwarding our condolences.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Agreed..Thanks a bunch Eric ..she'll know just how much our mad French scientist ment to us . ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Paper Kosmonaut

Oh that is so sad to read.
My condolences to the Meunier family. Christophe really was unique in is way of model making, his ideas and his humour here.
I know I am not the most regular visitor, but I knew of his illness and I knew it wouldn't be long, but still, this really come as a shock and I am saddened.

Clear Skies and peace, Tophe.

dei t dut mout t waiten!

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

How the hell did I miss this?

Effin Cancer! :banghead:  :banghead:

Tophe was one of the few who followed me here from my old little MSN site back in 2002. He always loved my old Twin Meteor NF14. I will have to see if I can find it again for one more show in his memory.
I have updated his members profile to the Gone but not forgotten group. As always his account will remain as a tribute for as long as this place is in buisness.

I will miss his own take on the world of what if?

See you on the other side some day old friend.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

I missed this I'm afraid.  Very sad news, I'm sorry to hear Tophe has passed and we'll miss his unique take on whiffery.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

killnoizer

I hope very much that someone here get in contact with his family outside the web (  got his real adress ? )  , maybe they know just only a small bit of his work here , and that is sad i think . 

Good luck on your ride tophe !!
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Robomog

The world has lost another outstanding whiffer, taken way too early.

Like Brian Da Basher before him he was a big influence  on  me casting off the Real World and getting into the fun world of whiffing.

Tophe had an incredibly fertile mind and has left a massive legacy of ideas centred around asymmetry and twin booms of which I had the honour of only building one.

Rest easy my friend, you will not be forgotten.

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

McColm

I knew that there was someone missing, I know that there's a Tophe inside all of us. His passing shouldn't be sad occasion, a mentor, happy memories.