Beyond the Pillars of Herkules

Started by The Wooksta!, August 25, 2023, 04:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Minor update
You cannot view this attachment.

Areas in green are bare original plastic where I've sanded it back. Windows are now masked properly in preparation for final white coat. That's done, so masking tomorrow and then the actuators go on.  Woo hoo!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

buzzbomb

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Progress!

Two shots with the white all done. And yes, that is an A2 cutting mat.

Now masked, Cinderella can go to the ball.  Well, once the fuselage dings are fixed.  One was a small air bubble in the plastic, the other was a more worrying... pot hole? That I hadn't noticed.

Also sitting on some ersatz u/c legs. I've given the mask line a shot of white to seal it in. There's a decal going there anyway, but better safe than sorry.

More filler went on the engine cowls and the kit intakes are cleaned up. They don't look too bad and any real flaws will be hidden be the black paint.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

I really should invest in shares of masking tape producers  ;D

Looking good Lee  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Cleaned up the kit intakes that go underneath the engines. They look crap on the sprue but better once cleaned up.  I did have to rebuild them a bit with superglue and baking soda but once the paint goes on, black most likely, they'll be tickety boo.

I will be taking more photos but won't post more now until she's done.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Bit more work to do with the intakes and then I can get the engines finished.

The actuators are finally on but can do sod all as I need a new can of aluminium and also white primer. In addition, even had I said paint, the weather has changed. Rain and spray paint do not mix.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

I lied a tad about the lack of photo updates.  This is the last one, mainly as it doesn't reveal too much.

Another shot of Cinderella masked for the ball and a date with a rough can of aluminium as undercoat to find flaws.  There were quite a few, especially along the leading edges and they've been sanded and fillled.  I'll be sanding that back tomorrow.  There were also what appeared to be two ejector stubs, but they were mainly on the inside.  Still, sanded back carefully and filled.  I did give the aluminium coat a quick sand all over and once the filler is sanded back, I'll give it another going over and a polish with a rough rag.

I did get a fresh can of Aluminium and the results are very shiny, but didn't want to waste it on a first coat.  The other alternative was the Stardust silver.

All the actuators finally in place.  Whether they'll remain so during the next few days is anyone's guess.

Back end of the Trapoklappe. The clear bit is a replacement for the moulded blob.  Not sure if it's right, but it's a big improvement. Does need a modicum of filler though.

And the engines with their intakes on.  The filler is sanded back, but there's still a few dings to fix before I can get some paint inside and fit the engines proper. Only then can I look at getting the final colour on.  I'm fairly confident it will be black.
Still to fit something to represent the exhaust stubs. I have some rod but it's possibly too think. Willie has been called upon.

And that finishes the latest installment of the odyssey.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

That's looking suitably impressive already.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

I'm impressed with this..it looks simple but we know it not to be so..really nice work Lee 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

What it reveals Lee is that you have performed a task of Herculean proportions to make it look so good  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

May do some sanding on it later, but have a few other things to sort out first.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: