Freightdog Telford 2023, 20th Anniversary of trading at IPMS Scale Modelworld

Started by Freightdog862, August 31, 2023, 02:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hello,

Its normally around this time I announce some of my plans for Telford.  I should have at least half a dozen new 1/72 scale items ready for the show, most of which are What-if related. Three of these are currently with CMR, so I'm not going to announce them until I have a good idea that they will arrive in time.

I can confirm one small new set, SRAAM missiles mastered by Paul Lucas. I will also release the BAC Sabre Air to Ground missiles from the Hawk T.2 (1975 proposal) as a separate set of four missiles and two launchers.  The Hawker P.1109A/B conversions are also returning.     

I will fill you in on some of the other sets soon. In the meantime, please let me know if there are any you would like to see re-issued, I have some others coming back but its nice to know what you would like. 

Thanks,
Colin

PR19_Kit

TWENTY years Colin? Is it as long as that?

That's amazing, and it's been 20 wonderful years from a very satisfied user's point of view for sure. There are more than a few of my models that would not have been possible without your wonderful products.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2023, 02:15:24 PMTWENTY years Colin? Is it as long as that?

That's amazing, and it's been 20 wonderful years from a very satisfied user's point of view for sure. There are more than a few of my models that would not have been possible without your wonderful products.  :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Kit. Its been twenty years trading at the show, but the first couple of years I was selling airliner decals primarily (the Whisky Jack range from Canada). before I moved into resin kits, accessories and my own decals.  Its actually 17 years since the SR.177 kit was released, this was the first what-if item.

Colin

kitbasher

Red Top repop please, Colin - ideally the Phantom 'twin set'.

And a Shackleton MAD boom, please!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 02, 2023, 04:32:27 AMIts actually 17 years since the SR.177 kit was released, this was the first what-if item.

Colin

17 years ? Shows how time flies  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

If I may suggest repopping your Avro Lancaster sets, of which I would have one of each, appart from the Merlin 24 carburettor intakes of which I would take three.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: Freightdog862 on August 31, 2023, 02:02:24 PMHello,

Its normally around this time I announce some of my plans for Telford.  I should have at least half a dozen new 1/72 scale items ready for the show, most of which are What-if related. Three of these are currently with CMR, so I'm not going to announce them until I have a good idea that they will arrive in time.

I can confirm one small new set, SRAAM missiles mastered by Paul Lucas. I will also release the BAC Meteor Air to Ground missiles from the Hawk T.2 (1975 proposal) as a separate set of four missiles and two launchers.  The Hawker P.1109A/B conversions are also returning.     

I will fill you in on some of the other sets soon. In the meantime, please let me know if there are any you would like to see re-issued, I have some others coming back but its nice to know what you would like. 

Thanks,
Colin

Nice one Colin: I'll definitely be buying both of those, although there's a good chance I won't be at the show AGAIN  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Aren't those missiles on the Hawk Sabres rather than Meteors, by the way?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Freightdog862

Sorry to hear that Weaver, I hope you can make it. Quite right, Sabre not Meteor. I've corrected first post.

Colin 

McColm

Quote from: kitbasher on September 02, 2023, 05:06:31 AMRed Top repop please, Colin - ideally the Phantom 'twin set'.

And a Shackleton MAD boom, please!
The operational Avro Shackletons were never fitted with a MAD boom although one was tested by the experimental and research unit.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on September 11, 2023, 09:28:42 AMThe operational Avro Shackletons were never fitted with a MAD boom although one was tested by the experimental and research unit.

That's why we need one.  ;D

And think of all the other Whiffs a MAD boom could fit too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 11, 2023, 09:58:22 AM
Quote from: McColm on September 11, 2023, 09:28:42 AMThe operational Avro Shackletons were never fitted with a MAD boom although one was tested by the experimental and research unit.

That's why we need one.  ;D

And think of all the other Whiffs a MAD boom could fit too.

It would be MAD not to  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

McColm

So if the Avro Shackleton is getting a MAD boom, why not add a searchlight and a Lifeboat as well? Lifeboats were fitted to early examples of the Avro Shackleton MR.1.
If you can get hold of the mouldings for the Avro Shackleton MR.1 conversion that would be great as I haven't seen the Alleycat kits for quite a while, Sanger does the 1/72 vacform kit.
Is it possible for you to scale up a few of your 1/144 kits to 1/72 scale?

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 11, 2023, 02:13:38 PMI can see The Book in your future Alastair!  :o

There is always a book in my future.... have you seen my Library?

Gondor

EDIT: Rough count of 300+ books, excludeing the Warpaint books or those next to the computer or on the besdide table

PR19_Kit

Ah, but I mean THE Book! The one that Chris keeps......................  ;)

Regards
Kit