Hawker Tempest 12, 1834 Squadron FAA, HMS Victorious, Okinawa 1945

Started by Doug K, September 08, 2023, 03:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

In my fever dream their Lordships at the Admiralty got tired of waiting for Blackburn to deliver a viable Firebrand, but (despite all sense) they still wanted a large torpedo fighter.
Sydney Camm held up his hand and said " I can help" and so the sea-going, torpedo-carrying Tempest 12 was born....

The kit is the Kovozávody Prosetėjov Tempest II, a really quite nice kit, better than the Matchboxes in my stash, and quite a few useful bits for donation to other causes (see my RAAF Defiant VI in the re-engine GB).

IMG_1290 by doug_alba, on Flickr

IMG_1293 by doug_alba, on Flickr

IMG_1294 by doug_alba, on Flickr

IMG_1295 by doug_alba, on Flickr

zenrat

Nice.   :thumbsup:

How did you find the fit of the cowling parts?
Much PSR?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Doug K

Quote from: zenrat on September 08, 2023, 04:26:38 AMNice.   :thumbsup:

How did you find the fit of the cowling parts?
Much PSR?

Actually not very much at all, I was quite pleased, the sprues seemed a little off (inaccurate) at first but the parts were pretty good.

NARSES2

One of my all time favourite aircraft, gorgeous  :wub:

I'm on my third and I followed the build sequence for the first 2 and the cowling parts fit was appalling. For my third I assembled the cowling halves to the fuselage halves and after a lot of trimming of the engine the build has gone really well, just about to get a primer coat.

I've decided for any more I build that I'm basically going to not worry about the engine, you can't see it anyway, and just make it fit the cowl rather than the other way round.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 08, 2023, 05:57:33 AMOne of my all time favourite aircraft, gorgeous  :wub:

I'm on my third and I followed the build sequence for the first 2 and the cowling parts fit was appalling. For my third I assembled the cowling halves to the fuselage halves and after a lot of trimming of the engine the build has gone really well, just about to get a primer coat.

I've decided for any more I build that I'm basically going to not worry about the engine, you can't see it anyway, and just make it fit the cowl rather than the other way round.

Yeah, the engine is pretty much invisible. I did smooth a few cylinders off a bit

comrade harps

Whatever.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

SPINNERS

Lovely 'what if' of one of my favourite aircraft of all time. Nicely done sir!

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"