Messerschmitt Me-110 P-2 Single seat fighter

Started by TomZ, September 08, 2023, 10:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Messerschmitt Me-110P-2

During 1940 it became painfully clear that the me-110 could not hold its own against single engine fighters like the Supermarine Spitfire. Messerschmitt, in a bid to maintain production orders for the Me-110 proposed several updates to the Me-110 to the RLM.

One variant featured a single tail and updates aerodynamics and led ultimately to the Me-210 and later the Me-410.

Another option proposed was a Me-110 single seater variant. The purpose was to save weight by omitting the second crew member and so gain extra speed and manoeuvrability, As this looked like a relatively easy change to the Me-110 then in production, the RLM gave to go ahead for a series of 50 Me-110 P-0 single seat fighters based on the Me-110 C model.

Although the first operational results were not very hope giving, a second order for 250 P-2 models, based on the Me-110G was placed at the end of 1942. This however was the final single seat Me-110 variant as the gain in performance was judged too small to justify further development.

Moderl: Revell 1/48, canopy from a FW-190

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

That looks very natural and believable. I love a whiff that looks like it could have happened.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

comrade harps

Neat finish and plausible. :thumbsup:

Pst: I too am working on a Bf 110 replacement.
Whatever.

Wardukw

Extremely cool Tom ..it looks right ✅️ 😊😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

That's looking good. A friend implanted a single-seater canopy (from a Fw 190, too) onto a Ju 88 with a solid nose a long while ago, that also looked great and sleek.

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 10, 2023, 02:30:59 AMThat's looking good. A friend implanted a single-seater canopy (from a Fw 190, too) onto a Ju 88 with a solid nose a long while ago, that also looked great and sleek.
Ideas now ..im having ideas now  :wacko:  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on September 10, 2023, 02:35:06 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 10, 2023, 02:30:59 AMThat's looking good. A friend implanted a single-seater canopy (from a Fw 190, too) onto a Ju 88 with a solid nose a long while ago, that also looked great and sleek.

Oops, Watch Out, World!  ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 10, 2023, 12:12:56 PM

Well I've got 2 Ju88s and a 188 in the stash and in the not to distant..1 more ..there's a plan in my noggin ...something is ticking ..tick tick tick  :wacko:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on September 10, 2023, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 10, 2023, 12:12:56 PM

Well I've got 2 Ju88s and a 188 in the stash and in the not to distant..1 more ..there's a plan in my noggin ...something is ticking ..tick tick tick  :wacko:

(In a very Plummy voice) "What happened to the Kaboom? There's supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!"

Hotte

Dizzyfugu