South Australian Modelling Expo

Started by rickshaw, September 15, 2023, 01:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

South Australian Modelling Expo

When: Saturday 7 to Sunday 8 October 2023

Where: John Dunning Centre, Prince Alfred College, Dequetteville Tce Kent Town

About the EXPO

Celebrating it's 40th year in 2023, the annual SA Scale Model Expo is SA's largest Scale Model display event which attracts modellers from both here and interstate.

The expo gives modellers across SA and the rest of Australia a chance to show off their completed projects.

The SA Scale Model Expo is for modellers of all standards who can either enter their models for technical judging or for display only if they do not wish to compete.

Other things to do during the expo include checking out the various hobby traders, model building and finishing demonstrations.

A great event to take the kids or to get inspired and become involved with the hobby of scale modelling.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

I'm going to be there! I've taken leave to ensure my attendance! ;D  :thumbsup:

I'll be disappearing to the Keswick Military Museum on Sunday for a bit, though, to photograph a rather unique M3 Grant they have there for a RW build which, if all goes to plan, should appear at next year's Expo. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I'm in Adelaide that weekend for a 90th birthday.  Staying at Mount George.  Party is on the Sunday.  I have permission from The Management to visit the expo on the Satyrday so if anyone wants to meet up...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

rickshaw

buzzbomb

Quote from: rickshaw on September 15, 2023, 05:40:29 AMSaturday it is it seems! :thumbsup:
I can do that  :thumbsup:

Will be over for the show as well. Making a roadtrip so plenty of room to bring stuff over

rickshaw

So, Fred, plus Guy, plus me and you, on the Saturday?  How about 1300 Hours, is that OK?  Out the front?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I'll be there all day, so no prob's with that for me! ;D

zenrat

Should  be OK.  Not sure how long i'll get to hang out but I should be able to make it for 1300.

What's parking like?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

New venue, so no idea.

Google Maps image suggests about 90(+/-) car parks but I can't be certain of that.

It may also be affected by any other events being held at the school over the weekend, too, as that seems to be the only parking area for the whole place.

From the SAPMA website:
QuoteJohn Dunning Centre, Prince Alfred College, Dequetteville Tce Kent Town.

Entry is at the rear of the school via The Parade West (look for the Pirie St entrance). Enter through the school gates with car parking found on the left. The hall is approximately 50m further on via a path (will be signposted).

PR19_Kit

Sounds like it'll be an Aussie Telford.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

buzzbomb

Quote from: rickshaw on September 16, 2023, 02:08:49 AMSo, Fred, plus Guy, plus me and you, on the Saturday?  How about 1300 Hours, is that OK?  Out the front?

Probably be there all day, so good for me.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 16, 2023, 04:46:15 AMSounds like it'll be an Aussie Telford.  :thumbsup:
On a much smaller scale.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: buzzbomb on September 16, 2023, 08:47:55 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 16, 2023, 04:46:15 AMSounds like it'll be an Aussie Telford.  :thumbsup:
On a much smaller scale.

Sure, but it's a start. I can remember the time in the 60s when the equivalent of Telford, the 'IPMS Nats', was held in the board room of Maples furniture store!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit