Operación Cóndor

Started by The Wooksta!, September 23, 2023, 05:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Alongside the Junkers Ju 352, I have an ambitious...Plan, shall we say? to finish a pair of part started Revell Fw 200 Condor transports in time for Telford.  One is straight kit but new scheme and markings, the other has been re-engined and will be very colourful once finished, similar to but not the same as the C version that Spain did fly.

Both date from the late 1990s.

Photos as and when. Phone is playing up. Sodding technology...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Got a bit further with both.

The one with the white top deckingnhas been masked and the last of the rough Aluminium was used as undercoat, highlighting a need for filler work on the underside of the fuselage.  There are a few other areas to look at and I gave it a light sanding overall too.

The  other one had similar issues, but these are now fixed and I should get one of the colours on later in the week.  I also need to assemble the engines for both.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

Very interested to see these Lee 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

The B is still requiring sanding underneath but is otherwise ready for a coat of aluminium proper.  I did repaint the cowlings yesterday whilst I had some black in the airbrush.

The re-engined one is now resplendent with a red cockpit and forward fuselage, although it may need another coat before masking.  I did make a start on the engine cowlings and should have them closed up later. They are also going in red.

The props are done, yellow spinners too, so she'll be very colourful.

One of the canopies has gone missing and the other went walkabout for a time too, but I discovered it lurking i

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Few shots I should have posted a few weeks back.  These don't reflect current progress, or the lack of it.

You cannot view this attachment.

This one was part started will be virtually OOB except for the scheme, markings and the three blade props, stolen from a pair of Italeri Ju 188s.  I was going to use the old military Condor props but they were too crude and well, wrong.  Bit of lateral thinking.  The kit wheels are too narrow, so they were widened by sandwiching a strip of plastic card between them and filling.

Awaiting some decals from Spain for the codes.

This one was always going to be Spanish but got abandoned at some point after I was unhappy with the finish.  Another resurrection, this will be getting BMW 801s and the u/c from the old military Condor. Very fiddly to clean up and assembly is even worse. Still, can't be as bad as a Magna Brigand u/c.

The top may need some more work. There's a join line that the Ali finish is highlighting and I don't want that.  Then I can remask it for a yellow go faster stripe down the fuselage.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

You're on a big aeroplane kick now, aren't you? They look pretty promising.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I have a wide selection on the go as usual, some of them just happen to be big whilst some are small.
One thing is for sure,  they'll be colourful.

A wrong path taken with the second one, which has since been repainted.  Simply wasn't happy with the contrast. Note the hitech and very expensive masking option utilised.

This is the Condor that Spain did operate. I've seen three interpretations of the colours.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Captain Canada

Wowh....that's some nice work ! Looking good so far. The first couple pics can't help me from thinking DC-6
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Vulcan7

DC-3 & Condor are both beautiful 30s aircraft design's..... Great work, looking forward to seeing the final job  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

The Wooksta!

Decals are on the white one - I've gone with a unit that flew DC4s as VIP transports so it's reasonably believable.  I did have issues trying to find the right size roundels in my dwindling stock of Kora sheets but managed to find something close enough.

The other one has a seam line that is proving frustratingly difficult to remove.  I'll be giving it another blast of aluminium later and likely will go with it.  Too little time left to faff about and I've yet to assemble the undercarriage which is decidedly fiddly.

Then I have to face masking it all over again for the yellow strip along the windows. I loathe spraying yellow...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Sneak preview of the white one before it gets varnished.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

OoooooOOOOOOoooooh! VERY smart!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

That is coming along VERY nicely indeed!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

major

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est