Operación Cóndor

Started by The Wooksta!, September 23, 2023, 05:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

:thumbsup:
Would look good next to a Hastings.  Just to confuse folk, of course.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Very nice indeed Lee

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

The meagre backstory has the pilot being a Captain Eduardo Rodriguez. British readers of a certain age should get it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

American readers will wonder if it's long enough for him to practice his baseball pitching............  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The other one has had the masking removed after the yellow stripe was sprayed on, although it ended up being rather thick. Yellow is a pain to spray and Halfords metallics hate anything sprayed on top.  It's not as good as I'd hoped, but it will get finished.

The red got touched up where need be - the black on t'other one likewise - and the decals are on.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

That looks fan-bloody-tastic so far Lee  :thumbsup:   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

The Wooksta!

The red one never got finished and likely won't as I am very unhappy with it.  I do have a cunning plan to get round it, involving a Condor I did some years back and a new set of u/c. KG200 and Norway fit into the picture.  I shall explain everything at a later date.

321 did get finished and did make Telford, lurking on the Tyneside stand with all of my other Spanish stuff.

You cannot view this attachment.

Photo courtesy of Peter Collinson

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Vulcan7

Looks a beauty  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

The Wooksta!

I'll try to post a few more photos later in the week.

The red one.  I am deeply unhappy with it, so much so that it's unlikely to be finished in it's current form.  I had thought about getting it to a certain stage, photograph it and then start stripping.  That may well happen at the weekend. We shall see.

The plan moving forward is to take a Condor from some years back that had similar mods, repair it, repaint in a similar scheme (the yellow on first and the red gets scalloped, only the Aluminium will go on last) and present it as the Spanish Princess.

As for the abandoned one?  A lot of sanding to sort out the iffy paint, a coat of primer and then a total repaint in a darker scheme, something similar to KG200's Ju 290s and wearing that unit's markings and with RAF markings overpainted.

I do plan on another pair of Condors, although other than markings they'll largely be from the box other than the props. One will be German camo and again with overpainted markings, the other will be the ex Danish machine that ended up with BOAC and crashing before the RAF could get their hands on it.  The two blade kit props have got to go, so I may well use a quartet of Rotols instead. The ex Luftwaffe one is likely to get BMW 801 props like 321 above.

So, the transport kick is continuing, but in perhaps a slightly different vein.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

A photo of the abandoned red one during paint stage.

And the road not taken.  The black clashed with the red.

Note the high tech masking method.  It works!

I've a plan to get it together to photograph it sans u/c, then I have an earlier or later version of the same aircraft.  More to follow later.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Cockpit from a Condor I started a few weeks back.

Should have the fuselage closed up later.  The glazing is all in and it's got a basic coat of 02 internally.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

And this is the abandoned red one.

I wasn't happy at all with the yellow cheat line, the red nose really should have been scalloped and not a straight line.  Wasn't happy with the masking around the engines, the aluminium was bruised.  Just very unhappy.

Now I have some photos, time for a repaint.  Decals carefully removed (they are thick and if I can salvage them, I will), a light sanding and a coat of primer before a total respray into something completely different.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: