Focke Wulf Ta-154D

Started by TomZ, September 28, 2023, 09:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Focke Wulf Ta-154D

In 1943, during the design of the Ta-154 Mosquito, Kurt Tank also investigated the possibility of creating a jet engined variant of the Ta-154. After a proposal was made to the RLM, the jet engined Ta-154 received the variant designation D and became the Ta-154D.

Because the jet engines occupied the place of the original nacelles, the undercarriage needed to be redesigned. Focke Would decided to mount the main undercarriage legs in the fuselage sides in a similar configuration as the Ar-234.

The first Ta-154D flew in September 1944 and used two Jumo 004 engines. A pre series of 24 aircraft was ordered as the Ta-154D-0. Due to the course of the war and the shortage of jet engines the development of the Ta-154D was halted in February 1945.

Model: PM Models Ta-154 with Ar-234 engines.
After the Ar-234G this could not be far behind!  ;D
Again this was started way to early to be included in the group build.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

Hehehehe, I could see that coming, like one of Ericr's 'Whiff Trains'.  ;D

It looks really great too.  :thumbsup: 
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Works very well, great looking build  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Wardukw

Fact it looks far better with the jets..smooths it out very nicely 👌
Lovely build Tom 😀 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stan in YUL

Are there enough bits left over for a third?
Nice work!