Main Menu

Ju 588

Started by PR19_Kit, October 03, 2023, 05:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The RH side of the nose/cockpit assembly is glued in place now, and that gives me a guide for how to re-model the bomb bay. I'll do that before I add the LH side of the nose/cockpit as I may have to fiddle about inside first, and it's a very narrow fuselage!

Here its is so far, with a teaser view of one extended wing. It won't be QUITE that long, but that's the root part of it anyway.

Any guesses where it came from?  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

B-24 Liberator mes thinking 🤔 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Gondor

Going by the two colours for the upper and lower part of the wing I would say Matchbox PB4Y-2

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

You lot are too damn good.  :thumbsup:

I couldn't find a B-24 kit in The Loft, but I did find THREE Privateers, so one got the job.

ALL of you were right really.  ;D

It'll need a tad thinning as the top surface of the thick Davis section ends up higher than the top of the fuselage, but nothing that a hefty file and some PSR can't sort out.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Matchbox plastic should withstand it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

You could say I have solid knowledge Kit..ive got 3 Monogram 48th B-24s  ;D
Those wings I know very well..admittedly it wouldn't be to hard to bugger me up tho knowledge wise 😉 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on October 29, 2023, 11:13:23 PMGoing by the two colours for the upper and lower part of the wing I woould say Matchbox PB4Y-2

:thumbsup:

Vulcan7

Looking very cool  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"