Main Menu

Ju 588

Started by PR19_Kit, October 03, 2023, 05:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 19, 2023, 09:10:32 AMI'm away in Cheshire at the moment.

Nice part of the World  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 20, 2023, 12:39:26 AMAh, thank you, Kit. I am just nervous that the precious content might get lost, since the parcel cannot be tracked and I do not get a delivery note.

The posties at my home town are pretty good, if it gets to their Sorting Office OK it'll get home to me without any problems. I'll be home Tue or Wed next week and should be able to check then.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

After the Viggen build the temptation to build my Ju88 thingy will be overwhelming I think but ill have to change it numbers after I just realized that who beat me to the numbers I was going to use Kit  ;D  :lol:
Least my design is safe  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I just added 100 onto the last ***88 number that Junkers used. 688 should be free for you.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 21, 2023, 06:18:33 AMI just added 100 onto the last ***88 number that Junkers used. 688 should be free for you.
Then 688 it will be mate  :thumbsup:
Mine will be the Ju-688  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I spent a while padding out the rear fuselage extension with 5 and 10 thou styrene and then PSR'd the whole area to death.

It's a pity I left the nose at home or else the fuselage would be ready for paint by now. :(

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

It is looking good so far Kit ..im being lazy and can't be bothered looking for your measurements but how much did you extend it by ?
I'm going to extend the rear end of the 688 and modify it to mount a remote gun turret .

The Wooksta!

Ju 288C could carry a pair of SC2500, that's roughly 8,000lbs.
I have one such bomb put to one side for you.

And that photo I posted earlier is definitely Ju 288. Photo in the Midland Counties book confirmed it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on October 24, 2023, 06:39:11 PMIt is looking good so far Kit ..im being lazy and can't be bothered looking for your measurements but how much did you extend it by ?
I'm going to extend the rear end of the 688 and modify it to mount a remote gun turret .

The rear extension was 32 mm and the front one was about 12 mm.

The 288 comes with a remote rear turret, and with a MASSIVELY long cannon too. It's going to be hell transporting it to shows without breaking that cannon. I can see some purchases from master in my future......

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

That's great Lee, thanks. Nothing like heavier and heavier bombs.  ;D

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Having spent a day or so at home, I've managed to find the missing Ju 588 nose.  :thumbsup:

It was inside the plastic pot where I'd stashed it for 'safe keeping', SO safe I forgot to take it with me!   :banghead:

Progress on the nose extension can now continue.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I've found a box of some of my early castings and it includes several of those He 277 tail turrets I passed you.  One was fitted to at least one Ju 288 prototype.  I've put it in with the big bomb in case you want to use it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Sounds great Lee, thanks. I can't see the OOB Ju 288 tail turret lasting long, the barrel's far too long!

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 28, 2023, 06:33:53 AMSounds great Lee, thanks. I can't see the OOB Ju 288 tail turret lasting long, the barrel's far too long!

Brass tube

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on October 28, 2023, 06:38:50 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 28, 2023, 06:33:53 AMSounds great Lee, thanks. I can't see the OOB Ju 288 tail turret lasting long, the barrel's far too long!

Brass tube

Gondor
That's what I'm gonna use too...guaranteed to break plastic ones I am.
The fun part is going to be making it move  :o