Sikorsky Ilya Muromez Bomber

Started by killnoizer, October 04, 2023, 12:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

Quote from: killnoizer on October 16, 2023, 05:30:06 PM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on October 16, 2023, 05:21:03 PMGreat looking original build & photos with natural light  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Sorry , it is a NEON LIGHT direct from the right side .
There is, unfortunately, no natural light in germany at midnight .
Ok looks good enough with Neonlicht which is also one of my favourite tracks by your fellow country man  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

killnoizer

Haha , I always prefered the English version of that complete record ( but not a big fan of the guys , cause they are much to clean for my taste ) . I was typical part of the neon generation ....  :thumbsup:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

ericr

ah, "wir sind die Roboter, wir laden uns're batterien" ...

Vulcan7

Quote from: killnoizer on October 17, 2023, 01:44:23 AMHaha , I always prefered the English version of that complete record ( but not a big fan of the guys , cause they are much to clean for my taste ) . I was typical part of the neon generation ....  :thumbsup:

I think Kraftwerk are more popular in the UK than Germany......'A prophet is not without honour except in his hometown and in his own household.'  I have all their records in both languages  ;D  Ian Curtis was famously a fan  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

killnoizer

KRAFTWERK ...

Oh , they are very much around here , still today , but they don't ROCK .  :wacko:
Especially in a german board about producing electronic music where i am active too .

There was so much more amazing electronic music coming out after 1980 ,  for me they missed the train somewhat that time .
And do not forget, I live in SCORPIONS CITY  .

But back to topic , maybe i will search for some small decals for the Sikorsky , or print some later when we do some new decals for the Land Rover club ...

ericr

Quote from: Vostoc7 on October 17, 2023, 02:07:35 AM
Quote from: killnoizer on October 17, 2023, 01:44:23 AMHaha , I always prefered the English version of that complete record ( but not a big fan of the guys , cause they are much to clean for my taste ) . I was typical part of the neon generation ....  :thumbsup:

I think Kraftwerk are more popular in the UK than Germany......'A prophet is not without honour except in his hometown and in his own household.'  I have all their records in both languages  ;D  Ian Curtis was famously a fan  :thumbsup:

some albums also had a french version, with one title in french ("nous sommes les robots", "mini-calculateur")

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Vulcan7

Quote from: ericr on October 17, 2023, 02:23:57 AM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on October 17, 2023, 02:07:35 AM

some albums also had a french version, with one title in french ("nous sommes les robots", "mini-calculateur")

yes I have pocket calculator in French, English, German, Japanese and Italian & a live version in Polish  :thumbsup:

Back to the topic..... a Whiffie award for this build surely  :mellow:  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

That's exceptional! The colour scheme suits it a treat.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 17, 2023, 05:47:42 AMThat's exceptional! The colour scheme suits it a treat.  :thumbsup:

Oh thank you , I wanted it really used , and it looks so .  There are 5-6 intensive washings with Valejo green and black over the light silver , works surprisingly good .   Also the engines with blue and grey washing .

But the washing sometimes do not get in contact with the ground , a miracle for me because on another part it still works at the same time ...  tried cleaner to get the tensio out of the water , no effect .  Think I need more training with that .   Next week at the exhibition I try to get more useful information  for the future , they guys in the club like my work very much and they are real helpful ! 

frank2056

Great design and color! I'm glad it has the 0.50 cal guns in the turrets for AA protection.