Blackburn Beverley

Started by Captain Canada, October 09, 2023, 07:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Marvelous, I am looking forward to seeing what yoiu create with this, as I like the Beverley. I have somewhere the plans to build a 1/72nd scale one.  :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on October 17, 2023, 06:38:47 AMMarvelous, I am looking forward to seeing what yoiu create with this, as I like the Beverley. I have somewhere the plans to build a 1/72nd scale one.  :thumbsup:

Combat Models do one, He should be with Colin at Telford if you want to chat with him about it.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

A T-tail with twin fins? That'll be something new!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on October 17, 2023, 07:30:51 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on October 17, 2023, 06:38:47 AMMarvelous, I am looking forward to seeing what yoiu create with this, as I like the Beverley. I have somewhere the plans to build a 1/72nd scale one.  :thumbsup:

Combat Models do one, He should be with Colin at Telford if you want to chat with him about it.

Gondor
Cheers, but model purchases are on hold for now at least, as tomorrow I could buying a house and moving 90 miles away. The drawings I have could make for an interesting build if ever i felt the urge

Captain Canada

Good luck Chris !

I've got a Combat Models C-133 in the stash.  I actually think I have two, one is the original, and the other is a copy that I think was made from the Robert's kit. Both purchases were made post crash, when  I had lots of time and money, but no sense lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Cheers Captain, thanks to the marvelous weather I am having to let the train take the strain, as there are 40+ mph gusts of wind today. I am just hoping its worth the journey.

NARSES2

Best of luck with the house Chris  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on October 17, 2023, 10:31:48 PMCheers Captain, thanks to the marvelous weather I am having to let the train take the strain, as there are 40+ mph gusts of wind today. I am just hoping its worth the journey.

Hope the train is not cancelled due to the winds

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on October 18, 2023, 06:55:38 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on October 17, 2023, 10:31:48 PMCheers Captain, thanks to the marvelous weather I am having to let the train take the strain, as there are 40+ mph gusts of wind today. I am just hoping its worth the journey.

Hope the train is not cancelled due to the winds

Gondor
Train was ok thankfully, just a pity the house I went to look at was a disappointment

Captain Canada

I put a load of putty on the new fuselage extension last night. I wanted to bring her down to Windsor with me, but was afraid of breaking her. Now I'm here, and I wish she was too.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 18, 2023, 04:26:35 PMI put a load of putty on the new fuselage extension last night. I wanted to bring her down to Windsor with me, but was afraid of breaking her. Now I'm here, and I wish she was too.

You know what they say about absence and the heart mate ?  ;)

Quote from: chrisonord on October 18, 2023, 07:15:59 AMTrain was ok thankfully, just a pity the house I went to look at was a disappointment

That's a B mate  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 19, 2023, 05:51:42 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on October 18, 2023, 04:26:35 PMI put a load of putty on the new fuselage extension last night. I wanted to bring her down to Windsor with me, but was afraid of breaking her. Now I'm here, and I wish she was too.

You know what they say about absence and the heart mate ?  ;)

Quote from: chrisonord on October 18, 2023, 07:15:59 AMTrain was ok thankfully, just a pity the house I went to look at was a disappointment

That's a B mate  :-\
It certainly was, a day I won't get bacj and a train and 2 bus fares too, I have found somewhere else not far from it, this one has a garage, so fingers crossed it will be reet.

Captain Canada

Quote from: NARSES2 link=msg=1018398 date=1697719902[You know what they say about absence and the heart mate ?  ;)

I have been missing it lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I forgot to bring anything to sand with. I also forgot to bring some plastic card to make the wheel sponsons bigger. Oh well, at least I did something !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

That's not looking too bad at all really.   :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit