A&A models Martin Mauler,

Started by chrisonord, October 10, 2023, 01:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This has taken a long long time to get where it is now, mostly because it has neen a bit of a pig to build. Lots of filling lits of sanding rinse and repeat etc, and some badly fitting parts. Mine will be in service with the RAF during the late 50' early 60's, based in North Africa. I have yet to decal it, and matt clear coat it, then put the ordnance on it. Back story is that the Air ministry liked the look of the Mauler, and struck a deal with Martin to license build them and use them as a close support aircraft, much like the U.S. Navy were still doing with the skyraider. The mauler could stay on station much longer than any of the current jet aircraft in RAF and FAA service, and carry a heavier offensive load, as well as be much cheaper to run and maintain. Here's what I have done so far.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

:thumbsup:

I also noticed an Aussie Centurion & an M-60 in a wrong scale (anything not 1/35 is "a wrong scale" for armour ;) ).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Looks interesting. It might motivate me to build mine.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

chrisonord

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 10, 2023, 08:04:00 PM:thumbsup:

I also noticed an Aussie Centurion & an M-60 in a wrong scale (anything not 1/35 is "a wrong scale" for armour ;) ).
You certainly did see a MK5 centurion, but not an M60. It is infact an M103 A2.

Old Wombat

Quote from: chrisonord on October 11, 2023, 12:12:07 AMnot an M60. It is infact an M103 A2.

Well, so it is! :o

Camouflage is working well, then! ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 11, 2023, 01:53:58 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on October 11, 2023, 12:12:07 AMnot an M60. It is infact an M103 A2.

Well, so it is! :o

Camouflage is working well, then! ;D  :thumbsup:
;D  ;D
I aim to please. The M103 is the Dragon kit, very nice to build, and the Centurion is the Vespid kit, WOW! Does that kit have a lot of pointlessly fiddly parts to it.

NARSES2

I like the Mauler, and it looks good in desert camo  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 11, 2023, 06:28:52 AMI like the Mauler, and it looks good in desert camo  :thumbsup:
I quite the looks of the Mauler too Chris, as it is very similar to the skyraider, and  the kit comes with some very nice weapon options, of which some will appear on a future build.

zenrat

That's the 1/72 Mauler, yes?

Looks good, but i'm not happy with the news re. the fit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on October 12, 2023, 04:17:12 AMThat's the 1/72 Mauler, yes?

Looks good, but i'm not happy with the news re. the fit.

Yes it is Fred, its hard work and deffinately not worth the asking price.

kerick

The one I have I picked up at a show for a bargain. Might do it as a Vietnam era in place of the USAF Skyraider.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

I have aftermarket transfers for African Skyraiders.  Might use them on mine.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on October 13, 2023, 04:37:59 AMI have aftermarket transfers for African Skyraiders.  Might use them on mine.
Mine has been waiting for decalling for some time now. I have some post war spitfire decals for it sat next to it, with a similar depth of dust on them.

loupgarou

What is A&A ?
I have a Mauler badged Siga. It's the same mould?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kerick

https://www.scalemates.com/brands/aanda-models--7610
Try this.
The one I have has no weapons at all. I wish I had the torpedoes for another build.
Tophe the Wise