RAAF SAAB AJ37 Viggen

Started by Wardukw, October 13, 2023, 03:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 15, 2023, 02:44:46 AMWhatever works for you, works for me too, mate! Now go and get it done...  ;D  :thumbsup:
Dude it's 10:49pm here ..im going to bed soon 🙂 😁😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

And here it's 10 to 11 am... got out of bed just an hour ago... ;D  ;D 
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 15, 2023, 02:51:07 AMAnd here it's 10 to 11 am... got out of bed just an hour ago... ;D  ;D 
Oh that's terrible mate..ive been up since 6am ..and on a Sunday too ..no sleep in today 😐
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Ouch! You do need the rest... I admit, i'm having a real lazy Sunday... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

You have me thinking about colour schemes for a Viggen now. Let's see..... Mid 70's to Mid 80's would be SEA camo I think. There is probably somone somewhere on the web that's done one of those.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on October 15, 2023, 03:03:26 AMYou have me thinking about colour schemes for a Viggen now. Let's see..... Mid 70's to Mid 80's would be SEA camo I think. There is probably somone somewhere on the web that's done one of those.

Gondor
Al I'd bet your right about that..it's one of those planes which look great in many different coats ...I just wish they were more available..the Viggen is not a very common model in 48th in this country 😕

Beermonster58

Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2023, 02:33:16 AMMonster mate I'm a liking your thinking ..that paint job would look very cool I reckon. 😎

I thought there were more hard points on this thing but the pics I looked at didn't show  any ..just seemed strange there is all this space behind the landing gear and nothing was being done with it .
Wonder if a couple of missiles would fit in there 🤔 😉
Probably could or, maybe a couple of LGBs?. From memory, it was only the JA-37 variant that had the additional wing pylons and, they were used only to carry ECM/Flare/Chaff dispensers. However, this is Whifworld! 😂
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Wardukw

Dude I like the idea of LGBs....that would work if the mud monkeys could paint the target .
They'd have to be bloody small bombs tho..1000 lbs at the most  ;)
Or maybe a couple of cluster bombs ..alot more bang for your buck..well alot of little bangs  ;D
Say like a pair of Mk20 Rockeyes and their light..only about 220kgs each  :thumbsup:

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Beermonster58

Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2023, 08:40:03 PMDude I like the idea of LGBs....that would work if the mud monkeys could paint the target .
Or maybe a couple of cluster bombs ..alot more bang for your buck..well alot of little bangs  ;D
Say like a pair of Mk20 Rockeyes and their light..only about 220kgs each  :thumbsup:
A 1000LB LGB still makes quite a big bang!! ;D .I've also got a fair supply of BL-755 cluster bombs handy! Time for some experimentation methinks!! The Airfix kit actually provides a pair of Rb 04 and, Rb 05 missiles. The former, in particular look pretty big and  mean so, I'll definitely be using them on one of the models!

Wardukw

Quote from: Beermonster58 on October 16, 2023, 12:35:04 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2023, 08:40:03 PMDude I like the idea of LGBs....that would work if the mud monkeys could paint the target .
A 1000LB LGB still makes quite a big bang!! ;D .I've also got a fair supply of BL-755 cluster bombs handy! Time for some experimentation methinks!! The Airfix kit actually provides a pair of Rb 04 and, Rb 05 missiles. The former, in particular look pretty big and  mean so, I'll definitely be using them on one of the models!

Well I do like those choices mate  :thumbsup:
It turns out ghat I don't have an LGBs at all so that's gonna restrict me seriously 😳 😅
But I did manage to find the Hasegawa US aircraft weapons set B which does have LGBs in it and I'll hopefully buy that tonight but if all else fails ive got cluster bombs to use .
This has me thinking and that hurts the soft squishy chunk of meat in my noggin but it must be done ..what do I want this plane to do ?  I askeded myself..it's going to be ground attack and is loaded with such so using cluster bombs makes sense really.
LGBs are dropped at a good altitude so the beam rider can fly to its target ..they don't work a hundred metres off the ground .
Still gonna get that set tho...I have other aircraft  ;D

buzzbomb

Quote from: Gondor on October 15, 2023, 03:03:26 AMYou have me thinking about colour schemes for a Viggen now. Let's see..... Mid 70's to Mid 80's would be SEA camo I think. There is probably somone somewhere on the web that's done one of those.

Gondor
When I had a crack at this very thing, I went grey's

Old Wombat

I have an aversion to grey ... Mostly. :rolleyes:

I don't mind a good, intricate camouflage pattern in/including greys, though. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I too avoid greys.
But then i've just started something which is going to be exactly that.  Sometimes you feel like leaving your zone of usualness.

I have a mental image of how this is going to look DUKWy - flat out at zero feet over scrubby bush leaving a huge rooster tail of dust.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Beermonster58

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 17, 2023, 02:18:37 AMI have an aversion to grey ... Mostly. :rolleyes:

I don't mind a good, intricate camouflage pattern in/including greys, though. ;)
Same here. I have a built in aversion to Boring Grey Jets. They just don't fit into my plans! ;D . Even my 172 Revell A-400M is going to be painted in a proper camouflage scheme, namely a four tone splinter camouflage. I've counted the A400 as a boring,grey jet because it is, after all, turbine powered!! ;D