RAAF SAAB AJ37 Viggen

Started by Wardukw, October 13, 2023, 03:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on October 16, 2023, 05:03:37 PMThe Airfix kit actually provides a pair of Rb 04 and, Rb 05 missiles. The former, in particular look pretty big and  mean so, I'll definitely be using them on one of the models!

Rb04s RULE OK!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2023, 02:41:03 AMI have a mental image of how this is going to look DUKWy - flat out at zero feet over scrubby bush leaving a huge rooster tail of dust.
That's pretty much exactly what I have in mind Fred ..low and FAF 😀
A very impressive site it would be in my minds eye 👁 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on October 17, 2023, 08:32:28 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2023, 02:41:03 AMI have a mental image of how this is going to look DUKWy - flat out at zero feet over scrubby bush leaving a huge rooster tail of dust.

The legacy of/alternate to the Aardvark...  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 17, 2023, 09:23:58 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 17, 2023, 08:32:28 AM

The legacy of/alternate to the Aardvark...  :thumbsup:
Legacy Rick...this isn't a new plane anymore..but then again neither is the F-111   ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Update...she's under coated and today paint will flow.
I'm going with Fred's idea with the blue..not exactly the same blue but close..well to my eyes anyway and it makes more sense.
The AUSCAM will be the top colours of course but in the same style as the original Viggen camo ..splinter  :wacko:

kerick

Aussie splinter will be a challenge! Carry on!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on October 20, 2023, 06:10:06 PMAussie splinter will be a challenge! Carry on!!
Where's the fun Ken if there's no challenge huh ??
 :wacko:  :wacko: 🤪
It's gonna be bloody interesting that's for sure .

zenrat

Like this?  Only Aus Cam?  I don't envy you masking it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Vulcan7

Yes! looking forward to seeing the splinter camo , respect!  :mellow: :tornado:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Old Wombat

Hmmm?! That's a 4-colour scheme, so you'll have to use all 4 regular RAAF colours minus the black or 3 of the regular colours and the black, rather than replacing the greens with the browns, as they did on the 'Bous.

The three phases of Caribou Camouflage;
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

The cam paint I have has 3 .green ..brown and black ..so what's the 4th colour ? 🤔

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2023, 03:32:06 AMLike this?  Only Aus Cam?  I don't envy you masking it.

Oh there's method in the madness mate  ;) ..won't be as hard as I'll make it look  :wacko:
Quote from: Vostoc7 on October 21, 2023, 04:14:26 AMYes! looking forward to seeing the splinter camo , respect!  :mellow: :tornado:  :thumbsup:
Cheers Leigh 🍻..this I think will look pretty cool 😎

For the extra colour it's either going to be a flat earth or a dark green ...the good thing is that nether of these colours cover large areas..the three primary colours do..these are like gap fillers which does kinda point me to the dark green as it works nicely with the AUSCAM  green and brown 😀
But so does the earth too..bugga 😐

kerick

I think I would paint the lightest color overall first then print some decals in random splinter patterns in the other colors. Masking each splinter would drive me nuts. Lots easier to draw some up on the computer. If there is pointer decals out there I'm imagine they are in the Swedish colors. You might be able to use the black and the light shade of green.

I might paint mine in the Hill scheme as for F-16s. I have decals for that in the stash. Unless I think of something more interesting.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

That's exactly what I do Ken..lightest colour first..that's the base and I do cut and make my own masks .
Don't have any ability to make my own decals and wouldn't even know where to start...having to buy a printer would be first on the list  ;D

PR19_Kit

Some one does a masking set for the SwAF 'Fields and Meadows' schemes, but I don't know if it's available for 1/48 as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit