RAAF SAAB AJ37 Viggen

Started by Wardukw, October 13, 2023, 03:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Couldn't you find room for more weapons? It looks a tad under-armed...............  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;)  ;)  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Lots of "boom-on-demand" under that beastie... Excellent as always, Phill!  :mellow:  :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Oh dear! We're going to have to give the maintainer that painted the markings a very long punishment detail! :-\

Roos go feet inwards on the wings & downwards on the fuselage, & nose forwards everywhere. :rolleyes:

Other than that ... Well done, Phill! I really like this Viggen! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 16, 2024, 05:55:42 AMRoos go feet inwards on the wings & downwards on the fuselage, & nose forwards everywhere. :rolleyes:

You mean they have RULES about that in the RAAF?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kerick

Very well done!
That extra pair of pylons under the engine, is that RW or imagineering?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Thanks lads  ;D
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 16, 2024, 01:08:01 AMCouldn't you find room for more weapons? It looks a tad under-armed...............  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;)  ;)  ;)
Kit I tend to agree yet Rui seems to think there's plenty of boom boom so now I'm stuck in that proverbial when is to much not enough  ;D  :wacko:

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 16, 2024, 05:55:42 AMOh dear! We're going to have to give the maintainer that painted the markings a very long punishment detail! :-\

Roos go feet inwards on the wings & downwards on the fuselage, & nose forwards everywhere. :rolleyes:

Other than that ... Well done, Phill! I really like this Viggen! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
It's my first Aussie bird and nope no idea how they went all cockeyed ...won't be my last one though so hopefully second times the charme   :lol:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 16, 2024, 06:38:27 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 16, 2024, 05:55:42 AMRoos go feet inwards on the wings & downwards on the fuselage, & nose forwards everywhere. :rolleyes:

You mean they have RULES about that in the RAAF?  :o
Kit the RAAF is so anal about that marking that believe it or not they copyrighted it  :o
That's one of the main reasons getting AM markings is a pain because only licensed ppl are allowed to make em so yeah you can bet there's rules all right and I'd bet..many many rules 😉.

Quote from: kerick on May 16, 2024, 06:45:54 AMVery well done!
That extra pair of pylons under the engine, is that RW or imagineering?
Ken those extra rear pylons are real world as I found out from one of the lovely gents on this thread ..seems tho their not used very often so of course I had to have em  ;D
So I went thru the pile and found a couple which might work and then hacked the hell out of em until they did 😳 😅.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

That's good to hear! I might use them on mine.  :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on May 16, 2024, 01:46:55 PMThat's good to hear! I might use them on mine.  :thumbsup:
Do it dude..I dare ya too 😜 v :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on May 16, 2024, 11:26:12 PM
Quote from: kerick on May 16, 2024, 01:46:55 PMThat's good to hear! I might use them on mine.  :thumbsup:

I do have some leftover from the F-104......
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on May 17, 2024, 08:40:50 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 16, 2024, 11:26:12 PM

I do have some leftover from the F-104......
Oh then I double dare ya matey 😏 🤪
Besides it fills in the empty space in the back ..I'll do it again when I get another one.

kerick

Then I'll have to think of something to hang on them!
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on May 17, 2024, 11:58:37 AMThen I'll have to think of something to hang on them!
The only limitation there Ken mate is your weapons stash  ;D
Missiles would be a good choice..easy stuff ..sidewinders or Amrams or ship killing weapons..quite alot of choices annoyingly.

Weirdly I have a heap of 72nd scale Hasegawa weapons sets and no real use for any of em ..would be happy to loose the lot 😉

MikoLee

The Viggen lends itself well to 'what if', yours is very striking! I like it a lot!

Miko  (my Viggen will be an ETPS two seater, in raspberry ripple, naturally)

Wardukw

Quote from: MikoLee on May 20, 2024, 05:17:29 AMThe Viggen lends itself well to 'what if', yours is very striking! I like it a lot!

Miko  (my Viggen will be an ETPS two seater, in raspberry ripple, naturally)
Thanks Miko 😊...im looking forward to seeing yours in those colours..striking could also be used for yours too 😀

PR19_Kit

Quote from: MikoLee on May 20, 2024, 05:17:29 AMMiko  (my Viggen will be an ETPS two seater, in raspberry ripple, naturally)

My warped brain immediately thought up a Viggen in Raspberry Ripple colours but painted in a 'Fields and Meadows' scheme.

Subtle it ISN'T!  :o

Regards
Kit