Scale Model World 2023

Started by NARSES2, October 15, 2023, 05:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

OGL just needs a white cat!

You cannot view this attachment.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Oh, I've a better one than that!

You cannot view this attachment.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

philp

Thanks for the pics.  I was trying to make it this year as I had made the 50th anniversary back in 2013 but not enough PTO or funds to cross the pond this year.  We shall see.

I also have become a bit busier with IPMS/USA.  As of Oct. 31st our Pres resigned and as the 1st VP, yep, I am now in the big seat dealing with some of the stuff (with a capital S) we have had over the last 2 years.

If any of you are thinking of coming to the US for next years Nats in Madison, Wisconsin it will be a good show to make it to.  They are setting a large area for SIGs and Displays on top of the normal large contest.  Should be a good time and I hear the What-If SIG will be represented.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Nice to see some of the stuff on display - thanks for the pics.

What was the White-and-Blue-winged collection?

What is the wheeled thingy parked beside the Swedish Lightning?

And a goodly Stash of bikkies... nom...

Martin H

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 13, 2023, 08:12:01 PMWhat was the White-and-Blue-winged collection?

That would be mine and Thorvics alt Royal Navy training fleet. The Domine's and the Hawk T1 are mine. The Goshawk, JP and bulldog are Geoff's.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Flyer

Quote from: kitbasher on November 13, 2023, 07:10:42 AMYou cannot view this attachment.

What are the oversized jets either side of
the Gannett?
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Hobbes

That's the Blackburn P.139, a concept for AEW (with nose and rail radars similar to the Nimrod AEW) and COD.

The Wooksta!

What he said. One is Thorvic's scratchbodge, t'other is a Gannet Scale Models kit that He's enhanced.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Got home yesterday absolutely shattered, but it was worth it and the hotel for 2024 is booked  :thumbsup:

So good to meet so many people and to be able to put faces to names at last  :thumbsup:  Particularly great to see so many of our overseas comrades there, modelling is truly universal. Just makes me a little ashamed that I don't even have the smattering of a language other than English and most of them have really good English  :bow:  Even one Australian present could just about communicate  :angel:

Finally thanks for the pictures Dave  :thumbsup: 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

Rick Lowe,  the wheeled thing is my HLBS 1:48 Cadillac Gage Commando Scout, with a serious amount of "stuff" added on to give a   Twilight 200 / post apoc feel, boxes, unditchig poles, pouches, a bow and arrows, and a couple of tanks shell ammo tubes to hold maps and things.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Martin H on November 13, 2023, 11:25:04 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 13, 2023, 08:12:01 PMWhat was the White-and-Blue-winged collection?

That would be mine and Thorvics alt Royal Navy training fleet. The Domine's and the Hawk T1 are mine. The Goshawk, JP and bulldog are Geoff's.

Thanks, nice work.  :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 14, 2023, 09:53:22 AMRick Lowe,  the wheeled thing is my HLBS 1:48 Cadillac Gage Commando Scout, with a serious amount of "stuff" added on to give a   Twilight 200 / post apoc feel, boxes, unditchig poles, pouches, a bow and arrows, and a couple of tanks shell ammo tubes to hold maps and things.

Cool, thanks - I thought it looked familiar!