Scale Model World 2023

Started by NARSES2, October 15, 2023, 05:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

And. We are done for another year.

For us it was a good show all round. A good turn out from the gang, including two extra long range travellers. It was great to meet up with Buzzbomb and the Rat  :thumbsup:

It was also good to finaly meet Rheged on Saturday. And Rolead joined in with two very nice builds on the stand. Welcome to the gang Robert  :mellow:
We had good interest from the punters and we even recruited a few new members for both the SIG and forum.
Colin from freightdog took time with Dominic (accidental Loggi) to judge the best model on the stand using Frieghtdog items. Of the two prizes up fro grabs Kit won with his eagle spitfire and Rolead joined him with his AEW Buccaneer.  :thumbsup:

And to cap it all off our sister SIG, Project Cancelled some how came 2nd in the Best SIG display award. Not a bad result, considering the bulk of the display was from Hobbes, Thorvic and myself.

The trip home was ok bar the weather. And im now chillin on leave from work untill Monday 20th.

I didnt take any photos myself, as others were snapping away quite happily. I didnt want to get in their way.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Yes a great (and SIG-wise very international) weekend.  The best big is meeting up with familiar faces and finally putting faces to familiar names.

Well done Kit and Rolead (and thank you Colin for the generous donation of prizes).

Thank you Rolead for your generous box of bits that several of us raided.

Congrats to our Project Cancelled cousins/siblings.

Hope everyone got home safely, here's to SMW 2024.

Pics to follow probably tomorrow.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Home safe and so are the models, given the disaster that befell some of the captured stuff on Friday when their box shot out of the car.  Three were DBR for the weekend but are salvageable.
However, the exceedingly kind gift of a Dujin Klemm 32, from a member of the site that I shamefully don't know the name of, more than made up for it. Sir, you have my lasting gratitude.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Rat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 12, 2023, 02:57:50 PMHowever, the exceedingly kind gift of a Dujin Klemm 32, from a member of the site that I shamefully don't know the name of, more than made up for it. Sir, you have my lasting gratitude.

And thank you for your gift of bits and bobs, I hope I can do them justice!  :thumbsup:  It was lovely to meet up with everyone, must do it again. Any summer shows?  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

Quote from: The Rat on November 12, 2023, 05:00:58 PMAnd thank you for your gift of bits and bobs, I hope I can do them justice!  :thumbsup:  It was lovely to meet up with everyone, must do it again. Any summer shows?  ;D

Usually in late April there is the Scottish Nats in Perth (Scotland) so you can do a nice holiday in Scotland and see castles and the like.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on November 12, 2023, 10:13:00 PM
Quote from: The Rat on November 12, 2023, 05:00:58 PMAnd thank you for your gift of bits and bobs, I hope I can do them justice!  :thumbsup:  It was lovely to meet up with everyone, must do it again. Any summer shows?  ;D

Usually in late April there is the Scottish Nats in Perth (Scotland) so you can do a nice holiday in Scotland and see castles and the like.

Gondor

Come to Melbourne Model Expo in June.  It's not much further.  It's our winter but it'll still be warmer than Scotland in April.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I'm finally awake after a LONG & tiring but VERY enjoyable weekend.

My trip eastward to my 'country home' was horrendous, mainly due to the diabolical weather and the myriad lunatic drivers on the M6 and A14, one of whom decided he OWNED the RH lane of the A14, even though he was driving at 45 mph and the road was empty in front of him! Needless to say he was driving a BMW X5.

With over 25 cars packed up behind him, we eventually came to a collective decision and ALL of us passed him on the left! The hell with the rules under those conditions!

I was so tired when I got here I slept for FOURTEEN hours! Not done that since my twenties.  :o

One other long distance traveller I was pleased to meet at Telford was TomZ, who appeared as if by magic on the Sunday, Great to see you face to face at last Tom.  :thumbsup:

And still on a Dutch front. thanks SO much Harro for gifting me the remainder of the Stroopwafels! I've not eaten all of them yet, but there may be a few left by tomorrow.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 13, 2023, 05:16:31 AMI'm finally awake after a LONG & tiring but VERY enjoyable weekend.

My trip eastward to my 'country home' was horrendous, mainly due to the diabolical weather and the myriad lunatic drivers on the M6 and A14, one of whom decided he OWNED the RH lane of the A14, even though he was driving at 45 mph and the road was empty in front of him! Needless to say he was driving a BMW X5.

With over 25 cars packed up behind him, we eventually came to a collective decision and ALL of us passed him on the left! The hell with the rules under those conditions!

Sounds like a summer weekend on any of New Jersey's major highways.  #shoobies_stay_home #bennies_go_home
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on November 13, 2023, 05:45:28 AMSounds like a summer weekend on any of New Jersey's major highways.  #shoobies_stay_home #bennies_go_home

Yeah, but you guys are ALLOWED to pass on the left.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

kitbasher

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

kitbasher

Wooksta's Spaniards in the works on the Tyneside stand:
You cannot view this attachment.

kitbasher

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

kitbasher