Scale Model World 2023

Started by NARSES2, October 15, 2023, 05:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Chocolate (dark) should be left unadulterated in my opinion, can be used to cover brazil nuts and top digestives and some other biscuits, but that's about it. But then I like most of my food "plain" or at least relatively simple  ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Just had a look at the latest (30/10) floor plans and we would appear to be in roughly the same place as last year. Hall 1 (the hall Airfix are in), Block 1G.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Would plain chocolate digestives  be considered  appropriate items to bring along on Saturday  when I (finally) manage to meet fellow Whiffers in the flesh?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

I'll eat pretty much any chocolate biscuit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Two out of the three Telford builds done, the other is progressing nicely.

Some items for 'click and collect' at Telford at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52188.0.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 02, 2023, 10:39:04 AMWould plain chocolate digestives  be considered  appropriate items to bring along on Saturday  when I (finally) manage to meet fellow Whiffers in the flesh?

Absolutely! And if no-one else like them, allow me to be of assistance so you don't have to carry them home.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 02, 2023, 11:52:01 AM
Quote from: Rheged on November 02, 2023, 10:39:04 AMWould plain chocolate digestives  be considered  appropriate items to bring along on Saturday  when I (finally) manage to meet fellow Whiffers in the flesh?

Absolutely! And if no-one else like them, allow me to be of assistance so you don't have to carry them home.  ;D
Thats if I dont get to them first  :thumbsup:  :wacko:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Thanks to a Hannants pre-order, The Wooksta, The Accidental Loggie and NARSES2 my planned Telford shopping is complete!

Anything else I think will be tools, etc, not plastic.

Perhaps 😉

Ever since it's been rereleased I've had a hankering for the Airfix Brisfit/Fokker Triplane Dogfight Double.  Strictly for whiffery, of course - a time warp dogfight with the Brisfit finished in Fairey Battle colours and the DR.1 as a Bf109E.  A temptation not helped by the build article in the current edition of SAM!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on November 02, 2023, 11:55:31 AM

Form an orderly queue.........................behind me  ;)

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 03, 2023, 03:12:56 AM

Ahem, behind me!

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on November 03, 2023, 03:33:44 AM

Ahem, behind me!

We go strictly by age. So it's Kit first and me second  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 03, 2023, 03:37:13 AM

Ahem, behind me!

LOVE it!  :wub:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2023, 03:51:36 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 03, 2023, 03:37:13 AM

Ahem, behind me!

LOVE it!  :wub:  :thumbsup:

Looks like I'd better bring TWO  packs!

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Judging by the comments, the stand could well resemble the overseas buffet of years gone past.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

I shall bring a pair of camping chairs so that we all have somewhere to sit. That's if I have room with all the models and kits and chocolate and crisps and booze...