Scale Model World 2023

Started by NARSES2, October 15, 2023, 05:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 10, 2023, 09:59:37 AMnope just walk on in!   there is a full functional bar on site we have acess too as well you know  :cheers:  :drink:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

Quote from: The Rat on November 10, 2023, 10:49:58 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 10, 2023, 09:59:37 AMnope just walk on in!   there is a full functional bar on site we have acess too as well you know  :cheers:  :drink:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Saying that, be careful of the limited toilet facilities and don't wear sandals.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Glenn Gilbertson

See you Saturday!
Have railway ticket & plain chocolate digestives.

The Rat

Quote from: Gondor on November 10, 2023, 11:44:36 AMSaying that, be careful of the limited toilet facilities and don't wear sandals.

Gondor

That brings a story to mind, ask me when we're there.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

NARSES2

I got some sausages and cheese for my donation to the buffet, I'm a savoury type of person  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Just sitting down to a large full english.  :wub:  So will be well feed and watered.

Still some room for snacks thou  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

jaffa cakes and mini rolls have been purchased
need to do a few things round the house and will then be heading over. :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

Quote from: The Rat on November 10, 2023, 07:47:32 PM
Quote from: Gondor on November 10, 2023, 11:44:36 AMSaying that, be careful of the limited toilet facilities and don't wear sandals.

Gondor

I won't as I am not there

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Just back from a day trip to sunny Telford.  A delight to put real faces and voices to people I've been in touch with by the interweb for more than ten years.  The exhibition  hall has the hardest floors in Christendom  so my feet are sore, and some of the milling crowds (although most assuredly NOT the suave sophisticated gentlemen at the What-If  exhibit) had problems of personal hygiene..........how DID the chap in front of me in the queue for coffee manage to exude such a powerful odour of garlic  and freshly deposited horse droppings at 11 in the morning?

I've finally seen a Meteor PR19 !!!  and elsewhere in the halls gathered several ideas for further backstories.    Thankyou all for making me so welcome, and especially thank you for the sausages, Chris.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

It's always full of soap dodgers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on November 11, 2023, 09:14:58 AMJust back from a day trip to sunny Telford.  A delight to put real faces and voices to people I've been in touch with by the interweb for more than ten years.  The exhibition  hall has the hardest floors in Christendom  so my feet are sore, and some of the milling crowds (although most assuredly NOT the suave sophisticated gentlemen at the What-If  exhibit) had problems of personal hygiene..........how DID the chap in front of me in the queue for coffee manage to exude such a powerful odour of garlic  and freshly deposited horse droppings at 11 in the morning?

Con-crud is a real thing, unfortunately.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

seadude

Quote from: scooter on November 11, 2023, 11:10:44 AM
Quote from: Rheged on November 11, 2023, 09:14:58 AMJust back from a day trip to sunny Telford.  A delight to put real faces and voices to people I've been in touch with by the interweb for more than ten years.  The exhibition  hall has the hardest floors in Christendom  so my feet are sore, and some of the milling crowds (although most assuredly NOT the suave sophisticated gentlemen at the What-If  exhibit) had problems of personal hygiene..........how DID the chap in front of me in the queue for coffee manage to exude such a powerful odour of garlic  and freshly deposited horse droppings at 11 in the morning?

Yes it is! First day back home after the MMSI Model Show in Chicago about 3 weeks ago, I came down sick. Somebody at the show wasn't watching what they were doing and coughed on me without even covering their mouth or apologising to me.  :banghead:  Started out with regular cold symptoms at first, but now they're gone. Now I just have a nagging cough I'm trying to get rid of. It's simple politeness, common courtesy, and especially MANNERS to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. But I guess some people just didn't learn that when growing up.  :banghead:
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

buzzbomb

great to meet a few more of the whifferdom glitterati yesterday.
Going back today to see if Narses managed to hock off my bag i left under tables  ;D  Might have to pay the ransom to get it back.

Small stash update with the new Airfix ferret and a bit of LRDG stuff, but have to be prudent, I am still travelling.

zenrat

Quote from: seadude on November 11, 2023, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: scooter on November 11, 2023, 11:10:44 AM

Yes it is! First day back home after the MMSI Model Show in Chicago about 3 weeks ago, I came down sick. Somebody at the show wasn't watching what they were doing and coughed on me without even covering their mouth or apologising to me.  :banghead:  Started out with regular cold symptoms at first, but now they're gone. Now I just have a nagging cough I'm trying to get rid of. It's simple politeness, common courtesy, and especially MANNERS to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. But I guess some people just didn't learn that when growing up.  :banghead:

Good to see somethings are universal.
It's not for nothing that the second hand kit selling event at Expo is known as the "Swamp and Smell".

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Rat

Quote from: Gondor on November 11, 2023, 02:02:24 AM
Quote from: The Rat on November 10, 2023, 07:47:32 PM

Gondor

I won't as I am not there

Gondor

Oh dear, let me know if this is too much information... ;D
You have probably seen hand washing stations like this.

In Cleveland, Ohio, at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium, aka 'The Mistake By The Lake', all the toilet facilities were outfitted with these. You may already see where this is going. At the end of the game the urinals would have long line-ups, and some just couldn't hold it. So while you were washing your hands, someone might belly-up beside you, mumble a drunken apology, and, yes, just what you thought.  ;D