Viggen + F-104G

Started by kerick, October 17, 2023, 11:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Well, I was over at my brothers house for Thanksgiving this year playing around with the kids. I don't know what diseases these kids pick up but I got another sinus infection. Been tested for everything all negative but still kicking my a$$. About four hours at the ER tonight getting filled up on fluids and anti barf med. I do feel better so maybe this will actually help.
So of course no model building or anything else around here for a while yet.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

That's a "B". Hope you make a full recovery soon  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Ken matey kids have diseases that defies scientists everyday so it's no surprise the docs couldn't tell you  what it is but I'm very glad your feeling better 😀
I ended up jn hospital yes ago with a massive headache..worse than  anything I'd ever felt ..threw up so hard i pulled all the muscles in my neck ...eyesight went sideways..even have a spinal tap and they hit something wrong as my left leg went south and broke the bed 😆
Didn't feel a thing 🙃
The moment a IV went into me the headache went away..had 15 of em in all ..massive dehydration was the cause of the headache.
Weirdest thing I've ever experienced health wise.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on December 02, 2023, 12:10:24 AMThe moment a IV went into me the headache went away..had 15 of em in all ..massive dehydration was the cause of the headache.

Dehydration can be very serious. Only had it once, my fault, and I started hallucinating  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 02, 2023, 12:54:25 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on December 02, 2023, 12:10:24 AMThe moment a IV went into me the headache went away..had 15 of em in all ..massive dehydration was the cause of the headache.

Dehydration can be very serious. Only had it once, my fault, and I started hallucinating  :-\
Your not kidding Chris..after all the carnage I've been thru thus was on a whole new level .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I only had one bag of juice but I can't imagine 15!!
The muscles in the back of my neck were very sore the next day. Never had that before. The whole month of November has been screwed up. I'll take a pass on doing it again.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on December 02, 2023, 01:50:38 PMI only had one bag of juice but I can't imagine 15!!
The muscles in the back of my neck were very sore the next day. Never had that before. The whole month of November has been screwed up. I'll take a pass on doing it again.
Yeah I don't why I had so many Ken but it might be body size ..muscle mass ..no idea but I've never had another episode since .
Even though my health is in the toilet most of the time now still haven't anything like that again .

kerick

Way past time for an update. Model building has been very slow around here. Covid and sinus infections plus remodeling a bedroom has taken up everything here.
A ton of putty has been used here and just a little bit of sanding left to do. I'm thinking of a JASDF scheme in that dark blue over medium blue/grey. This thing is so whiff, why not? Just a little research to find something close to match the colors to. Christmas is almost here so today will be a good day to figure it out.

Update:
No JASDF decals in the stash. I'll have to find some somewhere. Couple of hobby shops might have some but both are an hour away. Otherwise I'll order some.
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Some photos of the latest progress.

F-104 gas bags and Sidewinder pylons.

Fuselage hump is finished and flat black applied.

New tail attached. I scribed the rudder on this side with no problem.

The other side the scribe wandered off on its own path and I had to fill it and then finish the job.

Pretty pics. Starting to look like a real airplane.

Tophe the Wise

Pellson

That looks disturbingly right..  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on December 23, 2023, 03:06:54 PMThe other side the scribe wandered off on its own path and I had to fill it and then finish the job.

Don't you just HATE it when that happens?  :banghead:  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

That's sleak to the point of making a arrow look like a 6 x 4 chunk of timber .
Freaking love it matey 😍

Scotaidh

Looks very good!  Kinda makes me wonder what else could benefit from having an F104 front-end grafted on ...

A propos of nothing whatever, does anyone know of an F104 kit where the fuselage halves are upper and lower instead of port & starboard?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

NARSES2

kerick

Quote from: Scotaidh on December 24, 2023, 02:53:18 AMLooks very good!  Kinda makes me wonder what else could benefit from having an F104 front-end grafted on ...

A propos of nothing whatever, does anyone know of an F104 kit where the fuselage halves are upper and lower instead of port & starboard?

Not sure but I suspect that would be hard to find.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Tophe the Wise