Viggen + F-104G

Started by kerick, October 17, 2023, 11:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 20, 2023, 02:17:34 AM
Quote from: kerick on October 19, 2023, 06:31:06 PMI'm finished with the stripper.  :o  :rolleyes:

Have you told her ?  ;)  :angel:

I think she probably realised her job was done when the rubbing down began...
 :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Her muscles were a bit sore.......

Actually my arms were on the verge of getting sore from scraping and sanding the rest of that paint off. Next time I'll just buy a new kit. Then I also won't have to search for broken parts all over the floor!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Vulcan7

Looking a great design to me as is  ;D  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

kerick

Main changes now will be the tail and intakes, maybe!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

I love this Ken..2 of my favorites combined ❤️ 😃
It's different to what ill do with my 104 which is great ..more originality to enjoy 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

A little more good luck. I found two cast metal seats for an F-104G. Now I just need a cockpit for the second seat. I can build that quick enough.
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Oooh that is neat ! And it's a two-holer too. I mean also, as well.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 20, 2023, 09:10:25 PMOooh that is neat ! And it's a two-holer too. I mean also, as well.

It's going to work out nicely. And points for you for spelling the two too's correctly. Better than many people I know!
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I found a cockpit for the back seater from the Israeli Sufa kit I have in the stash.  There is a single part for a two seat and then extra parts for a single seat. I'm going to build a spine like the late model F-16D so I cut the drag chute housing from an F-16 tail I had in the junk box to start with. I also made a new fin from sheet plastic. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: kerick on October 26, 2023, 10:59:28 PM.. I'll post pics tomorrow.

I strongly resent being kept waiting like this when excited..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kerick

Tophe the Wise

Pellson

kerick

Tophe the Wise

kerick

OK, enough fool'n around!
Here's the tail I made last night/this morning. I traced out the F-104 tail from the Heller kit and made it a bit longer and taller.

Once I put it on the F-16 part it looks a little too tall. I may take it down to the original F-104 shape. I don't think I'll use the T tail on the delta wing Viggen fuselage. Or I could change my mind again. I need to work on the F-104 cockpits and nose gear so I can get that mated to the fuselage.
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

I'm not sure about the F-16 fin base, but on the other hand, I think the height is fine. Some big honking canards, and you're there!  :thumbsup: