Viggen + F-104G

Started by kerick, October 17, 2023, 11:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

Very cool build so far, makes the standard Viggen look stubby,  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

kerick

I received the decals for this puppy today! Enough for two aircraft so it was worth the money.

Enough stenciling for about ten aircraft! A company called DXM decals out of Taiwan. I've never heard of it before. It seemed to be the only outfit that had what I wanted. Printed by Cartograf and they look really good. Now for some paint colors that look at least really close. It seems the JASDF doesn't use FS or any paint company's numbers. I have a couple of nice pics that should get me close. Hey, its a whiff!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

I think the JASDF paint their planes with Tamiya paint.  They get it in those giant sized pots we see used in photos to make us believe something is really small.
It's what they were originally made for...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

It's been far too long without an up date on this one. I've managed to cobble together a halfway decent cockpit out of every part I had that looked like a cockpit. Thank heavens for the Aeroclub seats I had laying around for ages. So the canopy is on now after too much fooling around with it. But at least now it fits.

I also had to build two new airbrakes to replace the ones lost when I dropped it!

The canopy is big enough that you can actually see some stuff in there!

On to painting and then 5000 tiny decals!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

63cpe

Looks amazing Kerick. Somehow i missed the progress of this project. But i like where this is going shortening the F-104 was a very good thing to enhance the blend in with the viggen fuselage.

Go on!  Want to see this finished.

David Aka 63CPE

Old Wombat

That's looking pretty d@mned good, there! :thumbsup:  :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 09, 2024, 02:34:46 AMThat's looking pretty d@mned good, there! :thumbsup:  :mellow:

It is indeed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Marvelous, looking forward to seeing this done. :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

Quote from: chrisonord on April 09, 2024, 06:52:55 AMMarvelous, looking forward to seeing this done. :thumbsup:

I am too!!
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Ohhhh I'm liking this one !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spino

Nice one.  Was skeptical until you shortened that 104 front end and added the 16 intakes and dorsal spine.  Looks great!

kerick

The intakes are the original Viggen. One is cracked from overly enthusiastic sanding and there is no detail on the inside anyway so I'll try making some intake and exhaust covers.
Tophe the Wise

steelpillow

Just dropped in on this one. Working out very nicely. Looking forward to the end result. :thumbsup:
Cheers.

kerick

Yeah, I need to buckle down and paint it! I've got everything I need so no excuses left!
Tophe the Wise