General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, October 19, 2023, 06:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2023, 01:20:25 AMSomeone did a CTOL Harrier here some years ago, and it looked very convincing, but I can't remember who did it and a search for 'Harrier' on here comes up with over SIXTY pages!  :banghead:

That would be my Harrier B.  2018 RAF Centenary GB.  MiG 27 tailpipe and undercarriage shoved up a GR1.  Hard to photograph so as to show off the mods.

Harrier B 003 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=45421.msg821669#msg821669

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Quote from: perttime on October 22, 2023, 09:51:14 PMHas anybody considered the possibility of a VTOL Jaguar - and, if any parts are left over, a CTOL Harrier?
I have an idea for a VTOL Jaguar and also the Buccaneer. That's why I intend to buy all three models in 1/72 scale.

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

McColm

So what if the USNAVY had chosen the T2 Jaguar M as their training aircraft, larger engines and a beefed up landing gear. It would still be capable of carrying out all the missions as an attack aircraft, reconnaissance and maritime strike.
I know that someone will give it a bigger wing or the X-44 MANTA layout.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 23, 2023, 03:21:45 AMThat would be my Harrier B.  2018 RAF Centenary GB.  MiG 27 tailpipe and undercarriage shoved up a GR1.  Hard to photograph so as to show off the mods.

Harrier B 003 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=45421.msg821669#msg821669

Yes, that's the one!  :thumbsup:

Sorry that I forgot it was yours Fred. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2023, 01:20:25 AMSomeone did a CTOL Harrier here some years ago, and it looked very convincing, but I can't remember who did it and a search for 'Harrier' on here comes up with over SIXTY pages!  :banghead:

I have been planning to create one some day, too. With two smaller engines, and a conventional landing gear. Maybe that time has come now...  :angel:

I also think about a simple OOB Harrier, just with a whiffy livery and operator.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Nice MiGuar Dizz.  I don't remember that.
Fred

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on October 24, 2023, 02:22:17 AMSo that's how you ended up with so many MiG 23/27 undercarriage units

Yup.  ;D  Nothing gets lost!

Dizzyfugu

BTW, the inspiring naval VG Jag version was built by Devilfish - apparently that thread is gone, though.  :-\

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Zero-Sen

Although it's not as bright as Dizzy's, I had a very similar idea...

Quote from: Zero-Sen on April 21, 2016, 11:24:48 AM

Quote from: Zero-Sen on August 15, 2022, 10:56:14 AM
Quote from: Zero-Sen on August 10, 2022, 02:46:49 PMHarrier with 2D intake and delta wing.

An evolution of the previous design...

PR19_Kit

The original 'Harrier', the P.1127, was a delta.

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

I'm thinking a South Seas Harrier GR1 from an idea that popped up in a conversation over a cup of tea this morning. I have a Hasagawa GR1 in the stash...
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures