General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, October 19, 2023, 06:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Are you sure you have the bit about watching the reaction video's right Weaver? Masochists' are the ones who like pain inflicted on them, Sadists' are the ones that like to inflict pain.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on November 01, 2023, 07:53:06 PM1. Since the RAF Harriers were based in Germany all the time this would make perfect sense.

2. Likewise, German Navy Buccs would have made much more sense than F-104s for clearing out the Baltic.

3. Canadian Jaguars just sound awesome!

Totally agree and of course Canadian Jaguars also maintain that Anglo-French "flavour"  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on November 01, 2023, 11:12:24 PMAre you sure you have the bit about watching the reaction video's right Weaver? Masochists' are the ones who like pain inflicted on them, Sadists' are the ones that like to inflict pain.

Gondor

I think he's saying he enjoys watching the kids suffering.

A true sadist is one who when a masochist begs to be hurt, says no...

As I believe I mentioned elsewhere In have some ideas for a Super-Jag (MORE POWER!).  To this end I was today offering up a Tamiya (nee Italeri) Jag, a Hasgawa Mitsubishi T2 and a Hasegawa Phamtom.  I'm thinking of grafting the "engine" section of the Phantom into the T2 and then adding the Jag cockpit.
It's going to need longer wings.  T2 and Jag wings are too small when sat on top of that big fat Phantom fuselage.  Maybe Phantom wings with the ends flattened.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on November 02, 2023, 02:15:36 AM
Quote from: Gondor on November 01, 2023, 11:12:24 PMAre you sure you have the bit about watching the reaction video's right Weaver? Masochists' are the ones who like pain inflicted on them, Sadists' are the ones that like to inflict pain.

Gondor

Correct, you understand my brain. :thumbsup:
(Worry about what that says about you on your own time... :wacko: )

There's a marvelous conversation in Alan Moore's Watchmen where two retired superheroes are reminiscing about a supervillain who was in the game because he was a masochist and got off on being beaten up by them, practically begging them to "punish me, punish me" all the time. One of them asks whatever happened to him, and the other replies, "Oh, he tried it on Rorschach so he dropped him down a lift shaft..."  :wacko:

QuoteAs I believe I mentioned elsewhere In have some ideas for a Super-Jag (MORE POWER!).  To this end I was today offering up a Tamiya (nee Italeri) Jag, a Hasgawa Mitsubishi T2 and a Hasegawa Phamtom.  I'm thinking of grafting the "engine" section of the Phantom into the T2 and then adding the Jag cockpit.
It's going to need longer wings.  T2 and Jag wings are too small when sat on top of that big fat Phantom fuselage.  Maybe Phantom wings with the ends flattened.

Buccaneer wings, of course...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on November 02, 2023, 02:15:36 AM

Gondor

As I believe I mentioned elsewhere In have some ideas for a Super-Jag (MORE POWER!).  To this end I was today offering up a Tamiya (nee Italeri) Jag, a Hasgawa Mitsubishi T2 and a Hasegawa Phamtom.  I'm thinking of grafting the "engine" section of the Phantom into the T2 and then adding the Jag cockpit.

Use both the Jaguar and the T-2 wings and make it a biplane.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 01, 2023, 01:40:15 PM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on October 31, 2023, 03:13:48 PMI have two Matchbox Buccaneers, but only one canopy between them  :o ....what to do?  ;)  ;D

Build a drone Buccaneer, simples.

:o  ;D  :thumbsup: simples ! works for any canopy-less kit !

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on November 01, 2023, 06:37:50 PM1. Luftwaffe Harrier.
They took part in the Kestrel evaluation and in this timeline, they bought it to replace their G.91s instead of the Alpha Jet.
I can do this with what I've got, I think, using a new-tool Airfix Harrier GR.1 and G.91R decals from either an Airfix G.91 sheet in my spares box or robbed from a Meng kit.

Crap - just realised I can't do this straight from the stash after all.

I've been reading up on Luftwaffe markings. It seems that after 1968, the fuselage marking was:

Type Code - Iron Cross - Airframe Number
(with the Type Code going up by 1 every time the Airframe Number hit 99)

There's no way they'd have got Harriers pre-'68, which rules out the Airfix kit's letter+3-digit number markings. The Alpha Jet type numbers were 40, 41, and 42. The Meng kit's 31+43 marking looks reversible at first glance, BUT the Tornado type numbers started at 43. This means the only way to get a correct marking is to buy an Alpha Jet kit or decal set.  :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Nick

Quote from: Weaver on November 02, 2023, 08:02:29 AMThis means the only way to get a correct marking is to buy an Alpha Jet kit or decal set.  :banghead:

I have the Heller Alphajet in my part build pile. I will check in case I still have the German markings for it which you can have.

Vulcan7

Quote from: ericr on November 02, 2023, 08:00:15 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 01, 2023, 01:40:15 PM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on October 31, 2023, 03:13:48 PMI have two Matchbox Buccaneers, but only one canopy between them  :o ....what to do?  ;)  ;D

Build a drone Buccaneer, simples.

:o  ;D  :thumbsup: simples ! works for any canopy-less kit !

Great idea, thanks  :thumbsup:  But I am using the engines of one for the other to make my 4 engined Buccaneer
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

PR19_Kit

So it'll be a drone GLIDER Bucc then.   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2023, 09:06:45 AM
Quote from: Weaver on November 02, 2023, 08:02:29 AMThis means the only way to get a correct marking is to buy an Alpha Jet kit or decal set.  :banghead:

I have the Heller Alphajet in my part build pile. I will check in case I still have the German markings for it which you can have.

Ooh, thanks! DM if you find them.

It strikes me that I might be able to rearrange the Meng markings like this:

G.91: 31+43
Harrier: 41+33

However that's a bit more fiddly than just swapping the two-digit numbers around.

- Indiana Jones

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 02, 2023, 11:39:02 AMSo it'll be a drone GLIDER Bucc then.  ;D

Now your talking.... that could be my 2nd build  :thumbsup:  ;D  ;D  ;D
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Glenn Gilbertson

My effort from 2010  (26+24 RW Tornado markings) - Seerauber: You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on November 02, 2023, 06:32:39 PMMy effort from 2010  (26+24 RW Tornado markings)

Nice job!

Aren't they Starfighter codes though? Starfighters had codes in the 20-odd range, while Tornados started at 43 and went up to 46 or 47.
Starfighter codes would actually be more fitting, assuming that Germany bought Buccs instead of Starfighters.

- Indiana Jones