General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, October 19, 2023, 06:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on November 14, 2023, 02:44:29 PMSounds like you may need the proper equipment to recover the required kits.You cannot view this attachment.

Now that's what a real armoured combat suit would look like.
But you'd have to power it somehow to be able to move about on land.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

A Buccaneer for the USN/USMC has been mooted several times on the forum, and models built, but lately I've been pondering a route to such a critter. I won't be building it as I don't have a Buccaneer kit, so anyone who finds the notion of interest is free to use the idea.

The Grumman A-6 was the aircraft chosen to meet USN Type Spec 149, after the examination of the designs from other airframe manufacturers. Vought's V-416 Vigilante was one of the final three. Martin entered the turbo-prop 345 and the turbojet 346. No available info on either Martin project, but lots on the Vought.
Vought V-416

What if Vought and Martin had instead proposed an Americanized version of the Buccaneer? Martin drawing on its experience working with the British in developing and manufacturing the B-57. Interestingly the J52 used on the A2F/A-6 would fit in a Buccaneer S.1, the dimensions being very similar to those of the Gyron Junior but the J52 was more powerful. Of course US systems would be fitted including a terrain-avoidance radar.

Vought-Martin A3U-1*/A-6 Buccaneer.

*"U" for Vought being used because it was the prime contractor.

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on November 20, 2023, 01:35:45 PM...Of course US systems would be fitted including a terrain-avoidance
radar...

Buccs don't need to avoid terrain.  It gets out of their way if it knows what's good for it...
;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 21, 2023, 03:41:23 AMBuccs don't need to avoid terrain.  It gets out of their way if it knows what's good for it... ;)

Hehehehe, MAGIC!   ;D  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Hi All,

I've been wondering for a while now if anyone has seen or heard anything from Nick (AeroplaneDriver)? :unsure:

I had noticed a while back that he'd gone a bit quiet &, according to his profile, he hasn't been on the site since almost midnight on 29 October (my time).

Of course he may have posted something explaining his absence that I missed but I would have thought he would have turned up for the GB (being a Moderator) or posted an apology.

Just hoping all is well with one of our best modellers.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

NARSES2 and I have taken over being Mods for the current GB as we've not heard anything from him either. A bit worrying, as you say.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Now ya mention it ...yeah I've kinda noticed Nick hasn't been around ..I do hope everything is OK in his world .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Just a reminder lads. One month to go
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Has anybody done a Jaguar T.2 in the red and white RAF Trainer scheme?

I was reading about how the Air Staff wanted 150 two seat Jaguars as RAF fast jet trainers but then decided they would be too fast and ordered the Hawks instead.

Mossie

Martin did I think. If they'd gone the trainer route with the Jag, maybe it would have been the Red Arrows mount, possibly as a six ship display team.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Right a couple of weeks to go gents so you'd better start considering if you're going to want any short extensions or otherwise  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Given my current build speed ... Yes, please! :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 15, 2024, 06:43:54 AMRight a couple of weeks to go gents so you'd better start considering if you're going to want any short extensions or otherwise  :angel:

Does otherwise include a long extension?  :rolleyes:

Curious minds wish to know.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Yes I would agree ..a bit longer would work nicely 👌  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

A two weeks extension is the maximum gentlemen.

Are we to assume your wanting that much added to the GB?

Regards
Kit