Finished Entries

Started by NARSES2, October 19, 2023, 06:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Ukrainian AV-8B Harrier.

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52203.0

With the help coming from the NATO countries in the war in Ukraine more jet fighters are being delivered every month  .
First off the Ukrainians finally getting the Block 50 F-16s started to really turn the tide with pretty much total air domination they wanted to take the fight even further with a more ground attack aircraft based sort of combat .
The F-16 being a very stable weapons platform was considered from the start for ground attack, but the F-16 is also quite a fragile aircraft and very expensive to replace so the Ukrainian Government sent out a request for Harrier jump jets ,,,with their ability to take off and land anywhere they basically wanted to it was seen as the prefect platform for the Ukrainian military  future plans .
Being able to take off from a car park without the need for a prepared runway, it gives the Ukrainians the ability to mount an attack from anywhere that they want too which makes it nearly impossible for the enemy forces to set a defensive position with air defense systems which they now seriously lacking with many dozens of systems being destroyed in past combat .
The first ex US Marine AV-8C Plus 2 Harrier entered Ukrainian service October 27th 2024 .

DSCF4512 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4515 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4514 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Done  ;D  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

ysi_maniac

Frankenstein all with three aircrafts

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

SSBN-404 HMAS Buccaneer

The Pirate-class SSNs are divided into 3 sub-classes;

The largest number of vessels are of the Bushranger sub-class (HMAS's Bushranger, Highwayman, Outlaw, Brigand, Bandit, Blackleg, Hunter, Huntress, Stalker & Tracker), which are attack (hunter-killer) submarines, & carry a lot of VLS cells plus 8 torpedo tubes (6 forward, 2 aft). [Note: Brigand, Bandit & Blackleg could be considered a sub-sub-class, as they are fitted out for covert op's insertion, extraction, command & control.]

Then there are the Smuggler sub-class (HMAAV***'s Smuggler, Gunrunner, Bootlegger, Freebooter, Drummer, Merchanter, Trader & Courier) which have a large hump along the centre section of their spine used for carrying cargo, as they are submarine freighters designed to re-supply the other submarines & supply ground forces operating adjacent to heavily contested waters & where air superiority/supremacy has not been attained. They have a self-defence suite of two 8-cell VLS & 4 torpedo tubes (2 forward, 2 aft).

Finally, there are the Privateer sub-class of submarines (HMAS's Privateer, Buccaneer, Corsair, Seawolf & Marauder). The smallest of the three sub-classes of the the Pirate-class of submarines, they are the RAN's "deterrent" force of SSBNs, each carrying 16 Bullroarer nuclear armed missiles (similar in size & performance to the US Trident II) in a hump identical in profile to that of the Smuggler sub-class, two 8-cell VLS systems & four torpedo tubes (2 forward, 2 aft).

Here we have SSBN-404 HMAS Buccaneer, the second of the Privateer sub-class of the Pirate-class;

Linky bit: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52212.165
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Should this be locked now?
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 15, 2024, 03:21:01 AMShould this be locked now?

I should of got up earlier, but had a rather long lie in this morning, so Mea Culpa. :angel:

Locking it now. If anyone wants unfinished builds moved then PM me and I'll sort it  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your entries gents  :thumbsup:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Odd that, me too. I spent most of last night in A&E looking after one of my friends and didn't get to bed till 0500 this morning. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit