DONE @p.2 +++ 1:72 Nanchang J-9C 'Tiān hǔ', PLAAF, 1997

Started by Dizzyfugu, October 20, 2023, 06:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 31, 2023, 01:33:23 AMThe MiG-33 model was actually based on a real concept (and a desktop model of that), the J-9C was/is (AFAIK!) fictional. though.  ;D
Ahhhh ..well ya see Thomas mate know that I did not  ;D
But you could also say that your model was used for the concept.. ;)
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

The 'squareness' of those intakes is a bit of a defining factor though, so long as you catch sight of them of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on October 31, 2023, 09:23:23 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 31, 2023, 01:33:23 AMThe MiG-33 model was actually based on a real concept (and a desktop model of that), the J-9C was/is (AFAIK!) fictional. though.  ;D
Ahhhh ..well ya see Thomas mate know that I did not  ;D
But you could also say that your model was used for the concept.. ;)

Here's a pic of the desktop model, or better: two variants, because there variants with smooth and "dogtooth" LERXs. But overall the thing looked very F-16ish!

Wardukw

I would say extremely F-16ish ..shows the F-16 is a damn good plane if the russians tried to copy it..well basically tried to copy it ..very likely it would've have been tho .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Glenn Gilbertson

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"