Armour sent to operation Saladin

Started by chrisonord, October 20, 2023, 11:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

During operation Saladin, the defence of British and American owned  Uranium mines in Africa, ground forces needed to be bolstered, as did its vehicles. The communist backed insurgents used mainly stolen or gifted civilian vehicles armed with heavy machine guns, mortars and makeshift rocket launchers. To help combat these threats, something was needed to reach out snd stop said weaponised vehicles, quickly and effectively. The U.S sent 6 M 103 tanks, and the UK 10 export spec mk 5 Centurions. Both types were a formidable opponent to the insurgents, and did a good job of defending the mines and surrounding villages. The M103 is the 1/72nd scale dragon kit, very nice to build and not too fiddly, the centurion is the Vespid kit in the same scale, and has the most rediculous parts count ever, seriously.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

Given their scale, they're very good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Noice and fiddley.  Good work.  Probly drove you mad all those tiny parts.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2023, 02:55:37 AMNoice and fiddley.  Good work.  Probly drove you mad all those tiny parts.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
It certainly did Fred, too many parts a lot of which you win't even see.  Theres lits I omitted too, due to the photo etch being so damned small and fiddly. The towing cables are left off as they are held together with microscopic P.E. clamps, sod that.
Cheers O.W., I could have done a bit more to the M103, and weathered it a bit more, maybe when I have moved house I.will have a go.
Cheers.

NARSES2

Look good, articularly like the scheme on the M103  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 21, 2023, 05:48:50 AMLook good, articularly like the scheme on the M103  :thumbsup:
Cheers Chris, I think I could have made a bit more effort with it personally, bur it'll be reet.

Wardukw

Nice work Chris..so damn small which makes it even better 👏   ;D  :thumbsup:
I've got the T29 in 35th ..mate you could put yours inside this thing..it's a big freaking model  :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

chrisonord

Quote from: Wardukw on October 21, 2023, 11:06:50 AMNice work Chris..so damn small which makes it even better 👏   ;D  :thumbsup:
I've got the T29 in 35th ..mate you could put yours inside this thing..it's a big freaking model  :o
I have thought about looking for on in 72nd scale, as I am interested in post war and cold war armour. I have a mk2 conqueror to stick together soon too.

Wardukw

Quote from: chrisonord on October 21, 2023, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 21, 2023, 11:06:50 AMNice work Chris..so damn small which makes it even better 👏   ;D  :thumbsup:
I have thought about looking for on in 72nd scale, as I am interested in post war and cold war armour. I have a mk2 conqueror to stick together soon too.
I'm still slowly hunting down a conqueror in 35th
..it'll show up at some point .
I think Hobbyboss do the T29 in 72nd ..don't remember for sure .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

chrisonord

Quote from: Wardukw on October 21, 2023, 11:19:28 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 21, 2023, 11:06:50 AMNice work Chris..so damn small which makes it even better 👏  ;D  :thumbsup:
I have some others that will fit into my timeline too, Tacom FV 432 mk.2/1 Chieftan MK5, ACE FV-4005 stage 2, and a trumpeter M26/T15 E2M2. They will all find a home in my alternative cold war RAF/FAA  theme.

Wardukw

Quote from: chrisonord on October 21, 2023, 12:13:45 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 21, 2023, 11:19:28 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 21, 2023, 11:06:50 AMNice work Chris..so damn small which makes it even better 👏  ;D  :thumbsup:
I have some others that will fit into my timeline too, Tacom FV 432 mk.2/1 Chieftan MK5, ACE FV-4005 stage 2, and a trumpeter M26/T15 E2M2. They will all find a home in my alternative cold war RAF/FAA  theme.
You've got a couple there to keep ya busy 😉
Those Tacom kits should be very nice ..much better than Trumpeter..some of Trumpeters kits are not very good at all .

chrisonord

I have built a few trumpeter  armour kits, some were ok some were a bit crap, but we all like a challenge don't we....alledgedly..  :rolleyes:

Wardukw

Quote from: chrisonord on October 21, 2023, 01:28:51 PMI have built a few trumpeter  armour kits, some were ok some were a bit crap, but we all like a challenge don't we....alledgedly..  :rolleyes:
Agreed ..don't ask me how many trumpeter kits I've built cause I don't know ..dozens along dozens would be close  :o
Tanks ..trucks mostly and I've still got a couple not built in my pile a Challenger 2 and a BMP1 .
The Challenger ain't a bad kit ..the BMP is old as Egypt so that specks for itself  ;D
Strangely trumpeters aircraft can be very nice like there Hornet ..I got 2 😍 and their Whirlwind..got 1  ;D .
Still tho I'd not think twice on getting a trumpeter kit cause they do alot of armour no one else does .

chrisonord

Quote from: Wardukw on October 22, 2023, 11:12:48 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on October 21, 2023, 01:28:51 PMI have built a few trumpeter  armour kits, some were ok some were a bit crap, but we all like a challenge don't we....alledgedly..  :rolleyes:
Agreed ..don't ask me how many trumpeter kits I've built cause I don't know ..dozens along dozens would be close  :o
Tanks ..trucks mostly and I've still got a couple not built in my pile a Challenger 2 and a BMP1 .
The Challenger ain't a bad kit ..the BMP is old as Egypt so that specks for itself  ;D
Strangely trumpeters aircraft can be very nice like there Hornet ..I got 2 😍 and their Whirlwind..got 1  ;D .
Still tho I'd not think twice on getting a trumpeter kit cause they do alot of armour no one else does .
I quite like building the Dragon stuff in 1/72,  it fits together nicely, and the parts count isn't silly either, I have build a couple few ACE vehicle kits too and some were a night mare, but some were not too bad, you really have to take your time with them and clean up just about every part.

Wardukw

Quote from: chrisonord on October 22, 2023, 11:46:37 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 22, 2023, 11:12:48 AM
I quite like building the Dragon stuff in 1/72,  it fits together nicely, and the parts count isn't silly either, I have build a couple few ACE vehicle kits too and some were a night mare, but some were not too bad, you really have to take your time with them and clean up just about every part.
Your last sentence sounds like alot of early Trumpeter kits ..the BMP for sure but ive had that with  early Bronco kits to ...their Flak 41 gun was terrible.
Would be interesting to see what companies like Bronco can do now in 72nd cause their 35th scale kits are very very nice .