The Story of my Life-The Half-Built Hoarder

Started by Captain Canada, October 23, 2023, 05:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Always big on ideas, short on attention span. I've tossed out quite a bit since we started the move. Some I've regretted. Not sure what I'm going to do moving forward. Of course I'd like to finish them all, but this is just one box .

The Tracker was going to be a COD a/c, where the entire rear fuselage would be swung open.

The Barracuda a single seat bomber.

The Sea Vixen was to have a "normal" two man cockpit.

One that can't be seen is a Sabre, using the wings from HS125, as a ground attack type.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

The last time I bothered to count them, I had sixty-two unfinished projects. :(

Admittedly not all were Whiffs, some go back to my RW modelling days.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

I am SO happy that I am able to build models from start to finish, one at a time...  :angel:

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 24, 2023, 05:21:29 AMI am SO happy that I am able to build models from start to finish, one at a time...  :angel:

You are indeed a rarity Dizzy. I tried doing the same a couple of years ago and failed miserably  :-\  I salute you  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

My problem is that I like to build but I do like painting. So many of my projects stall at the paint stage and I end up starting another.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 24, 2023, 04:42:23 AMThe last time I bothered to count them, I had sixty-two unfinished projects. :(

Admittedly not all were Whiffs, some go back to my RW modelling days.

62???  That's more than my current stash!   I have 4 unfinished models..........................but then I also have half a dozen part written backstories, about a dozen backstories with the basic research done and a considerable number of initial thoughts floating around.    Once I've finished this procrastinating I really must get done, I'll try to have  a clearing up session or three and get up to date  (Hollow laughter from Madame Rheged)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

I've lived with Dizzys ethos..one build at a time ..have I succeeded with this plan ..nope..not at all ..damn near 3/4 of my tanks are unfinished..my planes tho is a different matter..every plane ive started ive finished 🙃
I'm happy about that ..the tanks tho I'll build or modify to wiffy standards then the problems start..I can't decide what colours to paint em so they get built and unpainted ..probably more than 20 of em..haven't counted ..to depressing 😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

Still trying to figure out how this makes you different from most of us...  ;D  ;D  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

Take some of those half build projects and bash them together and see what turns up. Ericr can show you how.  :wacko:
Tophe the Wise

Joe C-P

My biggest problem, related but not quite the same, is seeing a model I want for my primary build subject (New Jersey) and knowing if I don't buy it there's a good chance it will go away.

As for partial builds you expect never to finish, there are always the other Whiffers who might be happy to receive the kit in any condition.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Pellson

StashTM content: 720+
Shelf of DoomTM content (i.e. started but not completed): ca 30
Completed: about 250

No, I'm not ashamed, and I'd really like to point out that i find much pleasure in just sifting through my stash, remembering the original plans, but also replanning and reassessing ideas. And all fun is good fun!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on November 04, 2023, 08:34:50 AMStashTM content: 720+
Shelf of DoomTM content (i.e. started but not completed): ca 30
Completed: about 250

No, I'm not ashamed, and I'd really like to point out that i find much pleasure in just sifting through my stash, remembering the original plans, but also replanning and reassessing ideas. And all fun is good fun!

I now have my plans on either written on the outside of the box, on a slip of paper inside the box or more recently on a Word document on my P.C.. I still forget what I was going to do with some kits  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on November 04, 2023, 08:34:50 AMNo, I'm not ashamed, and I'd really like to point out that i find much pleasure in just sifting through my stash, remembering the original plans, but also replanning and reassessing ideas. And all fun is good fun!

ABSOLUTELY!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit