Mach 2 Argosy

Started by chrisonord, October 29, 2023, 08:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Quote from: Rheged on October 31, 2023, 11:32:28 AMHaving TOTALLY misread/misunderstood the title of this thread, I now have a surreal mental image of an Armstrong Whitworth Argosy accelerating to 1320 miles per hour!
;D  ;D
I may have inadvertantly created a monster. One that is capable of twice the speed of sound :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

IPEC used to base it's Argosy out of Adelaide.  I used to see it flying overhead nearly every afternoon on it's flightpath out to the Eastern States.   It was an interesting aircraft to watch as it passed overhead.    :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

McColm

I had issues with the landing gear on the Argosy which is why I changed it to the Inflatable Cushion Landing System mI also changed the engines and used those from the Hasegawa Boeing B-47E.
I didn't get to finish the RB-57F but ended up using parts from the Italeri RB-57 for the cockpit, and landing gear.
I've had several attempts of building the Sud Caravelle kit which is one of the 'better ' kits, let down by the engines and landing gear.
The SeaMaster is also another one, great at being a donor for kitbashing.
The Avro York kits don't line up and you need a Lancaster donor model for all the other parts.
The Frelon is a pain to build, I opted for a EH-101 Merlin kitbash.

If you do get stuck with your Argosy try using parts from the C-119 Boxcar, they fit!

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 29, 2023, 09:23:04 AMI looked at the thread title and immediately thought of swept wings and BIG afterburning turbo-fan engines etc.  :o
Quote from: chrisonord on October 31, 2023, 12:25:28 PM
Quote from: Rheged on October 31, 2023, 11:32:28 AMHaving TOTALLY misread/misunderstood the title of this thread, I now have a surreal mental image of an Armstrong Whitworth Argosy accelerating to 1320 miles per hour!
;D  ;D
I may have inadvertantly created a monster. One that is capable of twice the speed of sound :wacko:
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 31, 2023, 12:44:13 PMPrecisely!  ;D

You know someone has to build it, now, or the Whifverse will be completely out of balance & off-kilter! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Well, mine arrived this morning, and from first glances, it doesn't look as bad as I had thought it would be. Yep, the glazings look like they are misted up  but they at least can be replaced with crystal clear. I have built enough ACE armour kits and Eastern block limited run stuff (Amodel) so I should at least manage to build it without being permanantly admitted to the psychiatric ward.  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on November 01, 2023, 04:11:57 AMwithout being permanantly admitted to the psychiatric ward.  :rolleyes:

So just a short stay then ?  ;)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 01, 2023, 07:12:27 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on November 01, 2023, 04:11:57 AMwithout being permanantly admitted to the psychiatric ward.  :rolleyes:

So just a short stay then ?  ;)  ;D
I can only hope so Chris. :o