Ukrainian AV-8B Harrier.

Started by Wardukw, October 31, 2023, 09:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

The title pretty much says it all ...it will be built almost OTB ..I'll detail the cockpit as it's in dire need of it .
Since im picking up another Harrier today which is a GR5 and there's gonna be another AV-8B in the mail today I'm gonna wait and see which is the best of the 3 ...one is the good but extremely old Monogram AV-8B and the other 2 are both Hasegawa.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Looking for Ukrainian air force decals and they can be found but mostly from the US so stupid postage prices.
Plenty of camo mask sets but I don't need em ..I'll do my own ..im looking for decals for Ukrainian aircraft only ..not mixed but I guess it's a start..Hannets have mixed sets which I might have to look at as long as postage is reasonable.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on October 31, 2023, 09:49:19 AMLooking for Ukrainian air force decals and they can be found but mostly from the US so stupid postage prices.

Watch out for Begemot sheets - there are several (vast!) 1:72 sheets that contain Ukrainian markings, some in multiple variants. The print quality is also very good.

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 01, 2023, 03:39:55 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 31, 2023, 09:49:19 AMLooking for Ukrainian air force decals and they can be found but mostly from the US so stupid postage prices.

Watch out for Begemot sheets - there are several (vast!) 1:72 sheets that contain Ukrainian markings, some in multiple variants. The print quality is also very good.
I need 48th scale ones Thomas mate..ive seen the amount of 72nd and vast works there too...48th is a not so much one which is annoying 🙄

kerick

Could you use a couple of circle templates and spray the yellow and blue?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on November 01, 2023, 04:54:24 PMCould you use a couple of circle templates and spray the yellow and blue?
That's definitely on the cards mate ..the annoying thing is the other markings..there's this sheld which seems to be on all Ukrainian aircraft .
That's the PITA part.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on November 01, 2023, 10:41:07 AM

I need 48th scale ones Thomas mate..ive seen the amount of 72nd and vast works there too...48th is a not so much one which is annoying 🙄

IIRC, Begemot also has some 1:48 stuff, but I am not too fmailiar with that product line.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 02, 2023, 01:48:06 AMHannants have no dedicated sheets but do have these in 1/48, so you might find them nearer to home ?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BT48028?result-token=HWtsR

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HD48015?result-token=HWtsR

Those sets are pretty much perfect Chris  ;D
The first set is the one I'll probably get ..it's got a ton of decals in the set..worth the $19 nz for that set..haven't looked at postage yet so hopefully that ain't a stupid price.

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 02, 2023, 12:17:55 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on November 01, 2023, 10:41:07 AM

IIRC, Begemot also has some 1:48 stuff, but I am not too fmailiar with that product line.
I took a look at the Begemot decals and yep they look nice..the price tho..freaking scary mate..from one seller it would eork our at over $40nz ..that's abit much  :o

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on November 02, 2023, 07:47:01 PMI took a look at the Begemot decals and yep they look nice..the price tho..freaking scary mate..from one seller it would eork our at over $40nz ..that's abit much  :o

Yeah, postage to NZ will probably "kill" anything.  :-\

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 03, 2023, 01:20:07 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on November 02, 2023, 07:47:01 PMI took a look at the Begemot decals and yep they look nice..the price tho..freaking scary mate..from one seller it would eork our at over $40nz ..that's abit much  :o

Yeah, postage to NZ will probably "kill" anything.  :-\
Not just that bud ..the price in general..€19 here $20US there ..€19 is like $35nz and funnily so is $20US ..strange that ..that's pretty much what I payed for one of my Harriers .
The links Chris gave I think are gonna bare more fruit ..the prices at Hannants are like £8 but when I can afford em then I check the price.

zenrat

Postage of sheets of transfers from Hannants to 'straya isn't too bad as they can send them as letters.  Should also be the case if sent to Un Zud.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on November 03, 2023, 02:17:30 AMPostage of sheets of transfers from Hannants to 'straya isn't too bad as they can send them as letters.  Should also be the case if sent to Un Zud.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for..it's a sheet of paper so postage shouldn't me to bad  ;D

Wardukw

Just made a order with Hannets for a set of Begemot Ukrainian decals .
Thanks to Chris and Thomas for that  ;D
Once I've got those I'm really going to attack this thing .
I was looking at getting  a masking setcfor the camo but that was alittle to much so I'll do it like I normally do 😊