Ukrainian AV-8B Harrier.

Started by Wardukw, October 31, 2023, 09:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on January 07, 2024, 10:08:25 PMToo true! And I took the class!
What a diploma and a wall mounted plaque??
I'm shocked 😲  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Never had a similar thing happen with paint : I feel your pain mate.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on January 07, 2024, 10:11:33 PM
Quote from: kerick on January 07, 2024, 10:08:25 PMToo true! And I took the class!
I'm shocked 😲  ;D

Afraid so. BS in Environmental Science back in 2012. Started in 1978. I don't recommend the 30 year plan. However, going back to college in my 50s with a bunch of freshmen was the most fun I ever had. Especially when they mistook me for the professor!  ;D
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 08, 2024, 06:16:49 AMNever had a similar thing happen with paint : I feel your pain mate.

Yeah mate...still got me brain all twisted..not saying it wasn't before but this is just a little bit more than usual   ;D
Quote from: kerick on January 08, 2024, 06:50:57 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on January 07, 2024, 10:11:33 PM
I'm shocked 😲  ;D

Afraid so. BS in Environmental Science back in 2012. Started in 1978. I don't recommend the 30 year plan. However, going back to college in my 50s with a bunch of freshmen was the most fun I ever had. Especially when they mistook me for the professor!  ;D
Old school rules or something like that 😊
The only qualifications I have are military ones and most ain't that helpful in the civilian world and the ones that are don't work with someone who's a wreak  but you really don't know until it's to late .
With the damage my brain took from one very bad job or mission as you'd call it school wouldn't work either ..so that makes me boned there too.
Thankfully there's model to drive me nuts  :wacko:  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Was going to work on this today but it's stinking hot here right now and it's sucked my energy levels to bloody near zero..yep I've got fans on ..every one I have which is seven  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Righto then lads ,,,heres where she stands at the mo ...and heres some pics to show ya  ;D

You'll remember where i got to when everything went into the crapper bigtime ..so ill show you how it looked up to the stripping stage .
DSCF4487 by Phill Harrison, on FlickrDSCF4488 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Thats was stage 2 ...next stage 3 ,,the crap stage and did it look terrible .
DSCF4491 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4493 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
That stage is when everything went poop....the semi gloss paint sprayed very nicely and covered even better but the moment it started to remove the masking ,,bollocks  :banghead:

This is what she looked like in the oven cleaner .
DSCF4494 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Now stage 2 part 3  ;D
I didnt bother taking any pics of the first part of masking as its the same as the first pics ..but it did take some of the second part of this masking marathon .
DSCF4496 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4497 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Im waiting for the paint to dry before i can mask it again .,.just a couple of things to check before i proceed.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

My fingers are crossed for you mate.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on January 13, 2024, 03:20:58 AMMy fingers are crossed for you mate.

Fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes & ears ALL crossed! :thumbsup:  ;D 
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I presume you have shares in Tamiya, yes?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Thanks lads 😁😁😁

Kit that's would be a yup  ;D
Actually with all the random crap I get from my FLHS alot are tools and tape..lots of tape ..one haul alone netted me 4 rolls of 10mm and 3 rolls of 6mm..another was 5 mixed rolls..most 90% left..still got a heap ..love it 😀

Ken matey no thank someone...it's just the upper surfaces and along the sides..I'll be spraying the underside today in a light gray and speaking of which ...WE HAVE SUCCESS!!!!

THATS RIGHT !
Total success laddies..with the heat here the paint was drying very quickly and I was able to do a heap of work yesterday on it..im not 100% happy as 2 of the grays are extremely close to each other in shape yet weren't ment to be ..that might change a bit of if it annoys me to much I'll just tape off those areas and respray with a even lighter shade 🤔 😉

Pic will follow today  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

As i said lads ..pics to follow today and its today so here they are  ;D

First is i guess stage 4 ..lost count somewhere along the way so im starting here  :o
DSCF4505 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Yep .,..its gray ...for the mo
Also my monster car stole my foot/ desk frame so i thought bugger it ill use him too  :thumbsup:
DSCF4506 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

These pics will pretty cover it i think on way its been a mission .
DSCF4508 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4509 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4510 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Theres still some cleaning up and touch ups here and there but ill get into that tomorrow i think .

kerick

That's awesome! Almost as crazy as splinter.  :wub:
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Amazing masking work there, MOST impressive.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit