HMAS Buccaneer - A submarine

Started by Old Wombat, November 01, 2023, 05:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 14, 2024, 09:51:00 AMgreat looking model and a good back story as well.  :thumbsup:  from here

What He said!  :thumbsup: from here. too.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

su27rules

:mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:   Very nice!!

Old Wombat

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Great idea and execution but, the paint job steals it for me... :wub:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Thanks heaps, Fred & DfZ! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :bow:  :bow:

Dizzyfugu

I'm late to this, but I like it very much, too!  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Thank you, Dizzy! :bow:  :bow:

And praise is never late! ;D

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

UhuFin

I love it! Pretty submarine and brilliant idea turning an aircraft upside down.

It reminded me about Kow Yokoyama's SF3D Neptune-submarine that I dream to build some day:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: UhuFin on March 14, 2024, 01:07:33 PMI love it! Pretty submarine and brilliant idea turning an aircraft upside down.

It reminded me about Kow Yokoyama's SF3D Neptune-submarine that I dream to build some day:

I'd start with a Betty Bomber for the tail group (reshape the fin) and cylindrical fuselage/hull and go from there.
The engines/nacelles may well be able to be repurposed as the side lumps, too.
A plastic card box for the upper part of the hull.

Not sure about the nose, but others may have more/better ideas. HTH.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: UhuFin on March 14, 2024, 01:07:33 PMI love it! Pretty submarine and brilliant idea turning an aircraft upside down.

Thanks, mate! :thumbsup:  :bow:

If you're a MaK or SF3D fan you probably know there are sites around where you can often find lists of the kits Kow used to build some of his vehicles/vessels/craft/etc.

Not all, though, because so many of them were quick "one-offs" that Kow never recorded what the parts were, just stuff grabbed out of his parts bins.

Be a joy to see it built! ;D  :thumbsup:

UhuFin

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 15, 2024, 02:07:57 AMThanks, mate! :thumbsup:  :bow:

If you're a MaK or SF3D fan you probably know there are sites around where you can often find lists of the kits Kow used to build some of his vehicles/vessels/craft/etc.

Not all, though, because so many of them were quick "one-offs" that Kow never recorded what the parts were, just stuff grabbed out of his parts bins.

Be a joy to see it built! ;D  :thumbsup:
Hopefully it would see a daylight someday. I did looked up it four years ago and just rechecked with modern translation apps. It seems that the design and original sketch is Kow Yokoyama's but it was built by Yukio Ageta in 1/144 scale. He might have used some kind of caps for the nozzles, but he mainly built it from scratch using plastic sheet profiles and 12 kg of polyester putty.

Your HMAS Buccaneer gave me a little hope for being so similar. That approach is fun and could be used for wide variety of base aircraft kits.