HMAS Buccaneer - A submarine

Started by Old Wombat, November 01, 2023, 05:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: kerick on November 08, 2023, 12:19:54 PMStill needs diving planes!

Yep, 1/72 WW2 British fighter tail planes. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Old Wombat

Thanks, Rick! <_<

1st round of Putty is done.

1st round of Sanding is under weigh.

:thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 10, 2023, 08:27:40 AM1st round of Putty is done.

No idea if it's Freudian, but my brain read that as "1st pound of putty is done"  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 10, 2023, 09:18:38 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 10, 2023, 08:27:40 AM1st round of Putty is done.

No idea if it's Freudian, but my brain read that as "1st pound of putty is done"  :angel:

That will probably be pretty accurate by the time he's finished...  ;D

'Under weigh'... oh dear - if that was a typo, it's just about excusable; if not, where's the 'throttling someone' emoji?  :banghead:

Old Wombat

As an ex-sailor of the Royal Australian Navy I prefer to use the more nautical & accepted alternate spelling of the land-lubber "under way". ;D

kerick

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 10, 2023, 02:38:52 PM

'Under weigh'... oh dear - if that was a typo, it's just about excusable; if not, where's the 'throttling someone' emoji?  :banghead:

Let's say he was making a pun about how much putty was involved. Yeah, yeah, that's it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on November 11, 2023, 08:24:13 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 10, 2023, 02:38:52 PM

Let's say he was making a pun about how much putty was involved. Yeah, yeah, that's it!

Works for me.  :thumbsup:

And yeah, I usually look at things from a Land Lubber perspective but I should have realized that was an alternate spelling, rather than a typo... sorry about that!

killnoizer

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Old Wombat

P-S-P-S completed.

Currently has a partial primer paint job, which I'll finish off shortly, so I can see what I've missed & what needs fixing.

Old Wombat

4 x major + 2 x minor PSR sessions & I've gone as far as I have the will-power to go on smoothing her out.

Added the vertical fin (top one) & one hydroplane (the others will be done over the next few days but ....

... I've just finished a double shift today/this evening, so I'm going to bed, as I have a day shift tomorrow, & I'm not doing any modelling until tomorrow evening after dinner.

Old Wombat

All four hydroplanes on, now. :thumbsup:

A fix-up of a slip-up needed. :rolleyes:

Finishing off the hydroplane attachments, checking for any remaining visible or "feel-able" blemishes, then a final blast of primer. ;D

I'll take a few photo's then & have a think about any more greeblies to add (Oh, & some scribing work). :wacko:

jcf

A Covert Shores style writeup for your backstory?
:mellow:

Covert Shores

kerick

Sounds great! Can't wait to see it
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

Teasing... get on with the pics....  ;)

Really looking forward to how this sits at the current stage