HMAS Buccaneer - A submarine

Started by Old Wombat, November 01, 2023, 05:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Shame to hear that mate ..seems to be the season of catching bloody near anything and everything  :angry:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

You must be feeling better then! Very good!
Looking forward to the pics.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Isn't it tomorrow yet where you live?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Photo's of where I'm at:

Photo's were taken in the garage as there's a bit of a stiff breeze outside. making photography a bit difficult against the usual backdrop.

Now a few edited shots:

Hope that satisfies the current cravings! ;)

Next up is a bit of scribing...

...followed by the paint scheme! :wacko:

kerick

Periscopes?
Looking great! Makes me want to try it.
Tophe the Wise

seadude

I like how it's turning out.  :thumbsup:  Wished I'd have thought of it. Is the long bulge on top of the submarine for missile tubes/silos?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Old Wombat

Thank you, gentlemen! :bow:

Quote from: kerick on December 18, 2023, 06:04:04 PMPeriscopes?

Working on a full suite of modern-styled sensors (periscopes, radar, ESM, Nav, Comm's, snorkel (yes, even modern nuke-boats have snorkels)). :thumbsup:

Quote from: seadude on December 18, 2023, 07:29:21 PMIs the long bulge on top of the submarine for missile tubes/silos?

Yep! :thumbsup:

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 19, 2023, 12:51:22 AMThank you, gentlemen! :bow:

Working on a full suite of modern-styled sensors (periscopes, radar, ESM, Nav, Comm's, snorkel (yes, even modern nuke-boats have snorkels)). :thumbsup:
Well you know, after the fresh food runs out and the galley's been serving chili for three meals per day, 3x a week, you have to change out the air.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: scooter on December 19, 2023, 01:04:08 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 19, 2023, 12:51:22 AMThank you, gentlemen! :bow:

Well you know, after the fresh food runs out and the galley's been serving chili for three meals per day, 3x a week, you have to change out the air.

Can "air"  so heavily charged with the effluvia of constant chilli eating be run through the auxiliary diesel  as an alternative fuel source?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

That's looking good sir  :thumbsup:

Somehow I've an image of the great Sir David Attenborough holding this in his hand and saying "in the Cretaceous age Buccanasaurus was known to roam the oceans in search of prey"  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 18, 2023, 05:15:15 PMPhoto's were taken in the garage as there's a bit of a stiff breeze outside. making photography a bit difficult against the usual backdrop.

I didn't think the weather affected submarines................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit