ZELL Jaguar Gr1, on MAN 8X8 transporter/launcher *finished*

Started by sandiego89, November 04, 2023, 02:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

From what I've read the launch put far less stress on the airframe and pilot than a catapult launch from an aircraft carrier.

sandiego89

Quote from: Wardukw on November 18, 2023, 01:18:52 PMWelcome to the world of super detailed small scale models Dave  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

Whew! Did not know what I was getting into!  And in 1/72!   :o
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2023, 02:51:08 PMYour work bench always has some interesting stuff lurking in the background Dave, but I didn't expect a NISSEN HUT!  :o

U.S. HO railroad scale Quonset hut!  Close enough for some 1/72 background! ;)   
Dave "Sandiego89"

Wardukw

Quote from: sandiego89 on November 18, 2023, 07:05:14 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on November 18, 2023, 01:18:52 PMWelcome to the world of super detailed small scale models Dave  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

Whew! Did not know what I was getting into!  And in 1/72!   :o
It's the same with my 35th scale stuff Dave..the more modern the kit the more parts they have these days ..doesn't seem to matter what scale anymore either.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Captain Canada

Very exciting. I like the idea that one super detailed kit balances out an old-school kit lol. It's always surprising how small trucks etc. actually are in relation to an aeroplane !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

This has given me another idea, something Mach2 had a go at.  :thumbsup:

sandiego89

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 19, 2023, 05:15:27 AMIt's always surprising how small trucks etc. actually are in relation to an aeroplane !

It is! I bought a 1/72 M1 Abrhams tank and was shocked how tiny it was! 
Dave "Sandiego89"

sandiego89

Paint has commenced on the Jaguar and the 8x8 transporter/launcher

Dave "Sandiego89"

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

finally started assembly on the 8x8

Whew, must be about 50 in pieces so far......I rarely build anything this intricate 

Dave "Sandiego89"

Wardukw

What a cool tiny little truck Dave 🚚 😁😁
I've built the Revell 35th scale model several times and I am now wondering how similar they are to built 🤔.
Your kit probably has a better parts fit 😆

sandiego89

Merry Christmas.

Test fit of the test Jaguar.  Plenty of room in the transport and launch mode (just watch out for the pesky German road signs....)

Dave "Sandiego89"

Wardukw

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on December 25, 2023, 11:17:12 AMMerry Christmas.

Test fit of the test Jaguar.  Plenty of room in the transport and launch mode (just watch out for the pesky German road signs....)

Just spread a rumour that Banksy's been at them  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est