SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag. Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, November 05, 2023, 02:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

In the immortal words of Tim "the tool man" Taylor.

MORE POWER!

I shall be taking these fine modern highly detailed examples of the kitmakers art...

Super Jag Beginning 05-11-23 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

...and combining them into a SuperJag (better name pending).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Always loved that F-4E box art, keep one in the stash simply for that I think  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 05, 2023, 02:21:21 AMAlways loved that F-4E box art, keep one in the stash simply for that I think  ;D

One of Hasegawa's finest, but Fred knows that only too well already.

Is the Tamiya Jag their own, or did it come from somewhere else? I can't recall ever seeing one before.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 05, 2023, 02:27:22 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 05, 2023, 02:21:21 AMAlways loved that F-4E box art, keep one in the stash simply for that I think  ;D

One of Hasegawa's finest, but Fred knows that only too well already.

Is the Tamiya Jag their own, or did it come from somewhere else? I can't recall ever seeing one before.  :-\

Its the Italeri kit reboxed by Tamiya as they had a deal for a while, same goes for the Rafael and a few other kits from them at the time.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Ah right, thanks Alastair, I've got a handle on it now.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

What Gondor said.

They also reboxed the Italeri MiG 29.  ISTR that at some point Tamiya, realising they had no 1/72 aircraft, struck a deal with Italeri and reboxed their kits.  Possibly mainly for the Australasian markets.

The old (1960's) Hasegawa Phantoms are crude, undetailed, and ill fitting.  Perfect whiff fodder.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Gondor

The F-15 and T-2 are products from the 80's, a bit basic by modern standards but go together well and look just like what they are supposed to do!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on November 05, 2023, 05:18:11 AMThe F-15 and T-2 are products from the 80's, a bit basic by modern standards but go together well and look just like what they are supposed to do!

Gondor

Yes they do.  I've built both of them.
F-15
RAAF White Tailed Eagle & White Tailed Eggle - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
T-2
Mitsubishi T2 - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

But in this case they are parts donors.

Fred

zenrat

Slow progress.
I glued together the Phantom fuselage halves and the lower wing piece.  I then cut off the wings and nose (back to behind the cockpit).
The tail and spine will be cut off when I work out where to cut and that will leave me with a big fat engine section to build a SuperJag around.
I know I will be using the Jag nose and cockpit so I have begun building that up.

Fred

zenrat

Today my knife slipped while modifying the Phantom fuselage and jagged 50 year old plastic tore out a chunk of the rude finger on my right hand (my favourite finger).  A blood offering for the tricksters.

After staring blankly at the various boxes of parts I think I have a plan.  First step is to graft in some sections of tube along the lower edges of the  Phantom phuselage which are far too angular where i sawed the wings off.

Fred

Wardukw

A 6mm drill bits attacked my left thumb yesterday and tore the hell out of it..brand new bit to..so super sharp..looks I wasn't the only victim then this weekend ..bugga .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Sounds like you're both right handed.
Just make sure it doesn't get infected.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

No worry about that Kerick.  I stuck it in my mouth (not sure what else I had in my hands but it tasted awful) and then wrapped it with making tape.  I really must restock my plasters jar.  My fingers heal fast and it's been no trouble today at work.
Fred

kerick

A person's mouth is the biggest bacteria incubator in the world. And we've all done it and survived so I'm sure you'll be fine.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

If sticking our hands into anything and everything and then putting them into our mouths as babies/kids didn't kill us, mere styrene/paint/glue has no chance!

There again, The Winnowing of the Herd can happen at any time, so what do I know?!  ;D

Hope you are both betterer really soon.  :thumbsup: