SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag. Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, November 05, 2023, 02:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Looks more like a Fat Gnat but kinda cuddly, too. ;D  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Fat cat with a big belly full of power ..or something like that 😊
Can't wait fir the load out ..then epicness will be had  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on February 04, 2024, 03:14:53 AM"a saggy, old cloth cat, baggy, and a bit loose at the seams"

I identify with that description.  Well, not the cat part, but the rest.

Most of us do, as we age... *sigh* I Know This Now... :-\
Add to that; 'A bit frayed and tatty at the edges'...

zenrat

Second coat of colour on the weapons today.  And I reduced the canopy angle.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Just need to clear the weps and then attach them.
And then repair anything I break off doing that.

And then she will be all done bar the back story.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Nearly done.  Just some tiny touch ups and light weathering.

SEPECAT BNP SuperJag WIP 10-02-24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

zenrat

Done.

SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag.

SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag  - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The SEPECAT Jaguar was an Anglo-French Supersonic jet attack aircraft originally used by the British Royal Air Force and the French Air Force in the close air support and nuclear strike role.
While the Jaguar was being developed to fill these tactical roles the British Ministry of Defence tasked SEPECAT to produce a strategic variant which could carry a nuclear weapon deep into enemy territory fast and at low level.

SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag  - 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

In simplistic terms the British Nuclear Penetrator (BNP) was a Jaguar equipped with more power by the simple means of embiggening the engines.  The two Rolls Royce Turbomeca Adours (23 kN dry thrust each – 33 kN with afterburner) were replaced with Belgian built General Electric J79s (50 kN dry thrust each – 69 kN with afterburner).  The choice of J79s was a political move meant to strengthen Anglo/French/Belgian ties and to draw FN fully into the SEPECAT partnership.

SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag  - 16 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The bigger engines resulted in the BNPs maximum speed at sea level being mach 2.3  – twice that of the Jaguar.  While an increase in wing area over that of the Jaguar was required due to greater gross weight each main undercarriage leg had only single wheels (rather than the Jaguar's twin) because operation was planned to be solely from hard runways and not unimproved fields.
The BNP was designed from the outset to carry the Red Beard nuclear weapon on a centreline hardpoint.
Six additional underwing hardpoints were provided.  The inner two on each wing being plumbed for fuel.
Overwing hardpoints were not even considered because the Ministry of Defence, with good reason, considered them ridiculous.
2 x 30mm DEFA Cannon with up to 150 rounds per gun were fitted in an identical installation to that on the Jaguar.

SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag  - 18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Christened the SuperJag by SEPECAT the BNP looked like an obese Jaguar.  This led to it being nicknamed the Fat Cat by its crews.
The aircraft pictured is one of the first production run, the BNP-B1.  13 were built before FN declined to take a greater role in SEPECAT the result of which was a switch to Rolls Royce Spey engines and a redesignation to BNP-B2.
The Fat Cat had a relatively short service life being phased out after 8 years as it became apparent that the strategic nuclear strike role was, for the foreseeable future anyway, being filled by missiles, both cruise and ballistic.  Only one survives, a BNP-B1 finished in the colours of 23 Squadron RAF and maintained in flying condition at the Victorian People's Aviation Museum at Dadswell Bridge in the PDRV.

SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag  - 25 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.
A blend of Tamiya (nee Italeri) Jaguar GR-1 (nose, cockpit, spine, tail), Hasegawa F-15 Eagle (wings), Hasegawa F4-E Phantom ii (fuselage), Haegawa Mitsubishi T-2 (main undercarriage), and scratch.
Red Beard from Airfix TSR2.

SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag  - 24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

PR19_Kit

Utterly amazing, it looks LOADS better when complete than it did during the build. Somehow you've managed to inject some considerable amount of wonderfulness in it during the closing build stages.  :thumbsup:  :bow:  :drink:  :cheers:  :party:

And I LOVE the concept of 'embiggening' the engines.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Doesn't work for me,  but then I *really* dislike the Jaguar, and (this is no slight on your modelling skills) if anything you've managed to make it look worse.  It really does look like it's eaten all the pies.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 14, 2024, 04:47:59 AMAnd I LOVE the concept of 'embiggening' the engines.  ;D

As do I  ;D

Wondering what she'd look like as a tailless delta ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit