SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag. Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, November 05, 2023, 02:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I think PSR is done bar a bit of polishing to get filler texture to match plastic.  But we'll see - the dreaded ghosting could rear its ugly head and there is always a small blemish I missed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I just want to know how long you are going to keep this "better name pending" waiting ? Poor thing  :angel:

Or have I missed something and that's its name - The Sepecat Better Name Pending ? ;)

Coming along nicely Fred  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 23, 2023, 06:13:17 AMI just want to know how long you are going to keep this "better name pending" waiting ? Poor thing  :angel:

Or have I missed something and that's its name - The Sepecat Better Name Pending ? ;)

Sounds like a pub near me that appeared to be called the " Temporary Sign"  for nearly three years.      Locals were heard telling their friends "I'll see you down the Temp'ry this evening"

And  yes, Fred, it's coming along very nicely indeed
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on December 23, 2023, 06:21:58 AMSounds like a pub near me that appeared to be called the " Temporary Sign"  for nearly three years.      Locals were heard telling their friends "I'll see you down the Temp'ry this evening"

And that is how legends and traditions start  :thumbsup:  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Here in NZ temporary can mean anything from one month to ten yrs .
I'm pretty sure many people here don't really know what the word means.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 05:17:02 AMI think PSR is done bar a bit of polishing to get filler texture to match plastic.  But we'll see - the dreaded ghosting could rear its ugly head and there is always a small blemish I missed.

I brush on some liquid glue over the filler I use to cut down on the filler ghost. It just enough to fill the pores and no further sanding required. Of course I use Bondo car body spot filler. The stuff in the tube not the two part mix. You'll have to test it on whatever you use.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

I was recommended and tried a layer of Klear over the entire aircraft, which seemed to work ok - it was brushed in Humbrol Aluminium, and seems to have come out with a nice, even finish.

YMMV, but it's a nice, hard acrylic coat as a base.

zenrat

I use PPP.  I used to used cellulose knifing putty but I didn't like that if laid on too heavily it melted the model and that it continues shrinking for ages after you think its cured.  I then switched to Tamiya two part polyester putty (AKA Stinky Yellow).  This, being a chemically curing two part putty doesn't shrink as it cures.  It does however go off quickly, stink to high heaven, and is quite hard to sand producing a lot of horrible yellow dust.
So I now use PPP which shrinks but stops shrinking quickly and is soft and easy to sand.  To get it to the same texture as the plastic I prime it and polish the paint with sponge polishing pads and/or worn wet'n'dry.

Anyhoo, before I can paint the SEPECAT BNP (Better Name Pending) SuperJag I need to attach a plethora of weapons pylons to the undersurfaces.
I also need to decide on a colour scheme.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Weapons hardpoints attached along with stabilisers, the little fins Jags have under the rear fuselage, and what I think are meant to represent chaff and/or flare dispensers.  I've used all the hardpoints from the Jag kit along with two from the Hasegawa Mitsubishi T2 which will be supplying the main undercarriage.  The strip of masking tape is covering where the central hardpoint and tail hook will be mounted.  I also reshaped the wing tips.

SEPECAT BNP SuperJag WIP 31-12-2023 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

SEPECAT BNP SuperJag WIP 31-12-2023 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Rick Lowe

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Wardukw

I like it ☺️
It's a chunky monkey arse kicker ...a pint sized pocket of power 😀

Really cool build Fred  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Now with consistent primer and the canopy propped in position.

SEPECAT BNP SuperJag WIP 01-01-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Quote from: Rheged on December 23, 2023, 06:21:58 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 23, 2023, 06:13:17 AMI just want to know how long you are going to keep this "better name pending" waiting ? Poor thing  :angel:

Sounds like a pub near me that appeared to be called the " Temporary Sign"  for nearly three years.      Locals were heard telling their friends "I'll see you down the Temp'ry this evening"

I used to visit a pub somewhere in Hampshire North of Portsmouth (it was 35 years ago) known, because the sign had fallen down an unknown number of years previously, as the No-Name.
Fred