SEPECAT BNP-B1 SuperJag. Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, November 05, 2023, 02:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

buzzbomb

Final legs by the looks of it.. nice work

Weaver

Quote from: kerick on November 28, 2023, 08:08:38 PMAmazing!
BTW, one of the guys from the reserves squadron I was in did the same thing with the web of his hand but with an air nailer.  :o  :angry:

Guy at the UPVC window frame manufacturer where I used to work did it with an air drill and a self-drilling screw. Securely fastened himself to 2 metres of steel-reinforced patio door frame for a few seconds before he stopped shaking long enough to find the switch and reverse it out.

He walked round the factory showing everybody, with a manic grin on his face, for about ten minutes after that while the old salts waited knowingly, then the adrenalin wore off, he took another look at it, actually thought about it, started shaking again, and promptly passed out.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on January 13, 2024, 01:46:28 AMSEPECAT BNP SuperJag WIP 13-01-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I had a rummage through a weapons box today and dug out a Red Beard (Airfix TSR2) to hang under this thing.

Looking good!  :thumbsup:

Mind you, that thing's fineness ratio is so short that it's sonic boom would probably qualify as a weapon of mass destruction at low level.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Phat Cat?

Main gear legs (Mitsubishi T2) glued on today.  Also detail painting on UC bays, coaming, metal bit under the tail etc.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Showing your age, or lack of it, with Bagpuss  :angel:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

"a saggy, old cloth cat, baggy, and a bit loose at the seams"

I identify with that description.  Well, not the cat part, but the rest.
Fred

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Done apart from the load out.  And I put the first layer of colour on that today.

SEPECAT BNP SuperJag WIP 07-02-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

DogfighterZen

The Fat Cat looks very good, even while being a bit "thick" around the waist line...  :wacko:  ;)  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Just one thing that's looking a bit off to my eyes, isn't that canopy sitting too vertical?

zenrat

Possibly.  It is supported by a tongue sticking in a hole so it is removable.  I can bend it.
Fred