The Rules

Started by NARSES2, November 05, 2023, 02:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on November 16, 2023, 11:50:23 PMIve a question for the Mods ....are we allowed to work on these before the GB begins ?
Ive still got a ton of work to do to this  WW2 wiffy dio and i want to do a bit of work on the base so i can sort out the layout better .

Now this is a good question.   ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

You've got a whole YEAR to work on them during the GB, why would you need time to do any work, other than what you've already done, BEFORE the GB even starts?  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 17, 2023, 01:31:52 AMYou've got a whole YEAR to work on them during the GB, why would you need time to do any work, other than what you've already done, BEFORE the GB even starts?  :unsure:
I'll have to withdraw a couple due to insomnia.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 17, 2023, 01:31:52 AMYou've got a whole YEAR to work on them during the GB, why would you need time to do any work, other than what you've already done, BEFORE the GB even starts?  :unsure:

But the whole point of this GB is that work has already started on them.  Are you saying work should stop to wait for the start of the GB?
That seems slightly ridiculous to me.
How long before the start should no work have been done to them?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on November 17, 2023, 02:10:58 AM

But the whole point of this GB is that work has already started on them.  Are you saying work should stop to wait for the start of the GB?
How long before the start should no work .  have been done to them?

See Rule 5 (and Rule 2).

If work had stalled some time ago then resuming now just days before the GB begins is stealing a march on those who are waiting for the start.

If still uncertain could you PM NARSES2 and myself please to discuss further
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

Yup I actually forgot that the start of this ain't that far away 😅
It won't take to long to change the base to get the size I now want and need.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: kitbasher on November 17, 2023, 05:01:49 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 17, 2023, 02:10:58 AM

How long before the start should no work .  have been done to them?

See Rule 5 (and Rule 2).

If work had stalled some time ago then resuming now just days before the GB begins is stealing a march on those who are waiting for the start.

If still uncertain could you PM NARSES2 and myself please to discuss further

No need.  I waa just stirring you up  ;)
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 18, 2023, 03:56:08 AMNo need.  I waa just stirring you up  ;)

That's what I told him when he contacted me  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Thanks all for the various comments/queries concerning the rules, etc.  The Mods discussed all (as promised) at Telford and - noting that some of the issues were resolved as a result of discussions on the thread (thanks for that, very helpful) - we offer the following clarifications:

1.  Moving original build threads?  Resolved through discussion, and yes please see Rule 2 regarding links to original build threads.

2.  Partial builds glimpsed in the background of another photo?  No, because 'something glimpsed in the background' isn't a post about the subject shelf queen!  It's an incidental (see Rule 2).

3.  Timely reminders during the GB?  Of course.  Although not stated in the rules that was very much the intention of the Mods.

4.  Photos missing from the original build posts?  Don't worry - the forum allows users to upload replacements.

5.  No longer have copies of the photos in the original build posts?  Don't worry - if the posts clearly describe the build it's OK as long as an 'as stalled' photo is posted as per Rule 2.

Hope this helps.  Not long now to the start of the GB.  If there are any further queries then please do PM the Mods and we'll provide the necessary clarification.

Best wishes,

The Mods
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Thanks for posting those clarifications Dave  :thumbsup:

Just over the week and you can restart all these long forgotten builds gentlemen  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2023, 06:32:28 AMThanks for posting those clarifications Dave  :thumbsup:

Just over the week and you can restart all these long forgotten builds gentlemen  :thumbsup:

Unfortunatly for me most of mine are not forgotten unlike what I was going to do five minuites ago  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

Hi everyone,

Not long now until the GB begins.

Could you all check your PMs please?  Have been in touch with some of you regarding entry eligibility, so have a read of your PMs if you are one of those folk.

Apologies for not contacting you sooner but I unexpectedly found myself in hospital (not even the local one!) during the middle of last week (nothing too serious, all good now). 

Because I only had a smartphone to work with I haven't been following moderating matters as often or as swiftly as I'd have hoped to have done ordinarily.  Anyway, back home now, all sorted medically and getting back on top of things GB-wise.

Regards,

Dave

PR19_Kit

Oooer, hope your health state continues to improve Dave.

I have LOADS of candidates for this GB, no idea which ones I'll chose, whichever comes to mind first I guess.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2023, 08:05:48 AMOooer, hope your health state continues to improve Dave.

Thanks Kit.  Abdominal gripes Wednesday which turned out to be painful gallbladder inflammation Thursday and hospital that morning, and the revelation I have gallstones.  Out with the gallbladder in the New Year.  Tbh I felt back to normal by Saturday morning.  I could chose not to have the procedure but obviously don't want to pile up problems for the future.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2023, 08:05:48 AMI have LOADS of candidates for this GB, no idea which ones I'll chose, whichever comes to mind first I guess.
Excellent news, bring them on!

Gondor

Quote from: kitbasher on November 29, 2023, 08:59:13 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2023, 08:05:48 AMOooer, hope your health state continues to improve Dave.

Thanks Kit.  Abdominal gripes Wednesday which turned out to be painful gallbladder inflammation Thursday and hospital that morning, and the revelation I have gallstones.  Out with the gallbladder in the New Year.  Tbh I felt back to normal by Saturday morning.  I could s=chise not to have th eprocedure but obviously don't want to pile up problems for the future.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2023, 08:05:48 AMI have LOADS of candidates for this GB, no idea which ones I'll chose, whichever comes to mind first I guess.
Excellent news, bring them on!

Good to hear that it was nothing that can't be dealt with even if it involves removing part of your insides.

As Kit has, I too have lots of potential entries for this Group Build, I shall however enter a couple or four and see how things go and I may not enter them straight away as I dont beleive that is necessary or part of the rules that you must do so by the start of the GB.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....