USMC A-10 on floats

Started by kerick, November 05, 2023, 11:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 18, 2024, 05:27:23 AMI think seaplanes are fairly clean simply because they are hosed down to remove all the salt, debris and seaweed etc after most missions. Definitely cleaner than some tactical fighters based on muddy fields.
Very true Chris ..salt is a real pain on anything alloy ..what i was thinking is just the impact on the paint when the plane lands..water can be very hard as 2 of my ribs can contest.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Not finished yet but moving along. I've been putting decals on and what a chore! I don't remember it being this tedious before. That and many of them keep breaking apart. Several were so bad I just wiped them off and tried something else. They were not exactly brand new but not super old either. And some of the older ones held up better than the newer. Go figure. Sometimes I think this project has been under a jinx ever since I started trying to paint it.
On the other hand, I experimented with something new in the weathering department. I had some powdered graphite on hand so first I tried applying some with a brush around the gun muzzle area. Not much happened so I started rubbing it in with my finger. I ended up with with a pretty good smoke stained area under the cockpit and around the gun. Not perfect but not bad either. I've sprayed it down with matte acrylic and I'll see about airbrushing the area with some dark gray and black.

VMA-214 Blacksheep decals from an Fujimi Skyhawk kit.

So I'll let everything dry overnight then see about some more gun stain. I'm considering an overall light mist of very light gray to make it look faded and salt weathered.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Damn that's looking good Ken .

Those pics really show the layout of the plane ..it's fecking cool mate 👌 😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on February 19, 2024, 09:27:34 PMDamn that's looking good Ken .

Those pics really show the layout of the plane ..it's fecking cool mate 👌 😁

Thanks Phil!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Looking remarkably like an armed version of the Be 200.   :thumbsup:

Don't give the Russians too many ideas...................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 20, 2024, 04:07:51 AMLooking remarkably like an armed version of the Be 200.   :thumbsup:

I knew it reminded me of something. Thankyou Kit  ;D

That really is coming along nicely  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Don't look too closely! The way the paint job is going it looks preweathered.
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 20, 2024, 06:17:53 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 20, 2024, 04:07:51 AMLooking remarkably like an armed version of the Be 200.   :thumbsup:

I knew it reminded me of something. Thankyou Kit  ;D

That really is coming along nicely  :thumbsup:

I never thought of Russian stars but that would be cool.
Thanks for the comments!
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

See what I mean?

This is a flight sim model, but it's pretty good.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kerick

Here's a photo from the Aviationist.

Photo by Alex Snow.
Russian Federation Navy on a firefighting mission.
It would have been a simpler paint job! I do have another A-10 and an S-3 kit in the stash. Problem would be the float.
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

The only kit of the Be 200 than I know of is in 1/144 scale. :(

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Thanks folks!
There is a 1/72nd scale kit but it's like $200. That's nuts!
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 20, 2024, 04:07:51 AMLooking remarkably like an armed version of the Be 200.  :thumbsup:

Don't give the Russians too many ideas...................

Post #17, this thread.   ;)

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..