DONE@p.6 +++ H0 scale DSB Class 'MD' diesel-hydraulic locomotive (DB V 200.5)

Started by Dizzyfugu, November 10, 2023, 05:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Like all you guys I've had issues with varnish ..I used to brush Humbrol gloss on my cars many moons ago because there was nothing else out there.

When I did try matt varnishes for the first time and many times after that it would always be patchy ..with matt and semi to full gloss in places .
Never had any luck with Tamiya or Humbrol on that front ...but when we started to get good stuff here which wasn't all that long ago like Ammo and AK Interactive things changed bigtime for me.
I brought spray cans of Ammo gloss varnish and wow this stuff is good ..super easy to use and with great results..bloody nice selection too.
I've now also played with those VIC Hobby paints and varnishes I got..again..great results.
This makes life much more pleasant  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I used Testors flat coat for years and finally learned to not hose it on. Tamiya flat acrylic worked well the couple times I've used it. I've haven't experimented with other products yet so much learning to do myself.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Looks less dirty than the first version but better, more realistic! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Yes, there's less dirt around the lower areas. And a couple of minutes ago the project went beyond the varnish border - this time with a Gubze rattle can. Keep fingers crossed that it works this time.  :rolleyes:

Wardukw

Finger..toes and legs matey 👍
This is looking brilliant now Diz .just great right amount of dirt 😊

PR19_Kit

I like the idea of the 'photo diesels' behind the engine bay windows.  :thumbsup:

I've just seen an advert for a resin 00 Gauge Class 37 diesel engine, just the engine, not the loco itself, in a Brit model railway mag, so everyone's getting into the idea.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Almost completed, just some decals on the side windows missing, and then there'll be a photo session and the attempt to create composings with real-world background pictures of the model, which will take some time to work out and edit.

Wardukw